We have a wonderful opening for a Head Caretaker at an impressive grade II listed building in Brentwood. This beautiful conversion was previously a hospital and boasts high ceilings, 2 underground car parks, well maintained gardens and 246 apartments.
The head caretaker is required to maintain the standards of this prestigious residential development. You will efficiently resolve all maintenance issues, ensure all he communal areas are kept clean and tidy, undertake/oversee basic maintenance tasks and provide exceptional levels of customer service to all residents and visitors.
The Head caretaker will be responsible for a caretaker and 2-part time cleaners and their rotas and workloads.
- Site inspections of all internal and external communal areas on a daily basis for cleanliness, breakages, faults and health and safety
- Contractor management - monitoring works and performance of contractors onsite
- Planned maintenance - working with estate manager to ensure items on planned schedule are undertaken
- Stock management - purchasing of day to day items e.g. lamp, cleaning materials etc.
- Meter readings and the facilitation of meter readings for communal utilities
- System testing around the building including lighting, fire alarms and smoke detectors
- Parking management to ensure residents and visitors are using correct parking bays
- CCTV monitoring
- Provide a hands-on presence where needed to keep the development clean and tidy
- Health and safety
Overseeing and assisting with:
- Internal cleaning - vacuuming/mopping of halls, stairs and lifts, dusting
- Cleaning of internal windows
- Cleaning of light fittings
- Assist in the litter picking of the grounds, sweeping pathways and carparks
- Refuse management and ensuring refuse bins are in the collection point
- Replacement of light bulbs
- Carry out minor maintenance works such as adjusting door hinges and handles
- Painting touch-ups in communal areas
Service to residents
- Concierge services - overall responsibility of resident handling including parcel handling, key handling and other duties
- Providing an onsite presence and acting as first point of contacts for tenants via email, telephone or in person.
- Dealing with maintenance issues, complaints and queries.
- Tenant move in and move outs
- Control main site access
- Meet and greet new residents and familiarise them with house rules
The ideal candidate:
- 2 years maintenance experience
- 2 years staff management experience
- Experience with contractor management
- Strong time keeping skills and the ability to manage a building
- Great customer service and able to get on with everyone
- A firm but friendly approach and a discreet attitude
Working hours: Monday-Friday 8am-5pm/11am-8pm on a rotational basis
Upload your CV to apply.
*Due to the large number of applications received we are unable to respond to every applicant. We apologise in advance.*
- customer service