Head Buyer - Chichester
Monday to Friday - Core Business Hours
£40,000 - £55,000 P/A + Full Company Benefits
Dynamite Recruitment is currently recruiting for a Head Buyer to join an organisation based in Chichester.
The company is a well-established distributor who is ideally looking for someone with experience working with alcohols/beverages/liquors/drinks/spirits to join their team as a Head Buyer!
- Responsibility for all aspects of buying within the organisation, supporting the CCO and managing all personnel within the buying department.
- Effectively managing supplier partnerships, driving growth, revenue and profitability. Negotiating on products, pricing, terms and contracts.
- Leading, coaching, mentoring and developing the growth of the buying department, the Buyers and the administrative support staff, conducting regular 1-2-1's with team members and conducting annual appraisals.
- Developing buying strategies, managing purchases, sales and increasing profit.
- Setting and ensuring the buyer department is achieving KPI's.
- Taking ownership of key high value suppliers, managing the overall key supplier relationships and building upon that supplier base. Assigning select suppliers to relevant buyers to manage the day to day relationships.
- Reviewing and improving where necessary current SOP's and implementing new ones.
- Engaging regularly with suppliers in regards to NPD and exploring and developing new categories.
- Managing regular pricing reviews, providing forecasts and depletion reports and managing reviews to eliminate slow/non-moving lines.
- Attending national and international trade shows.
- Reviewing and servicing tenders for all channels.
The Ideal Candidate:
- Must have previous Head Buyer/Buying Manager/Buyer Department Management experience.
- Must have experience working with alcohols/beverages/liquors/drinks/spirits.
- Will need to have strong relationship management experience and be effective in managing key high value suppliers.
- Must have the ability to coach, train and mentor a team of Buyers/Support Admin staff.
For more information, please apply now or contact Abby Neal at Dynamite Recruitment!!
Key Words:buyer, buying, procurement, pricing, NPD, alcohol, liquor, spirits, growth, revenue, profitability, supplier, strategies, trading initiatives, purchases, sales, profit, SOP's, supply chain, new product development, forecasts, depletion, prices, inventory, category, category management, tenders, contracts, head buyer, buying manager, full time
- supply chain
- new product development
- trading initiatives
Bank or payment details should not be provided when applying for a job. reed.co.uk is not responsible for any external website content. All applications should be made via the 'Apply now' button.Report this job