Title: Head of Careers Service
To lead on the development, implementation and delivery of careers service for Gabbitas Educational Consultants
Gabbitas Education Consultants is a long-established provider of services to independent schools in the United Kingdom and internationally, as well as the recognised service for advice on UK predatory and public schools and higher education.
Gabbitas is investing in an ambitious business development programme. The development of a careers programme will enhance the existing range of services delivered to clients, many of whom have not ha proper access to structured advice and guidance to enable them to plan their future pathways sufficiently.
Working with the director of services to students and families, develop and implement a programme of services that will fulfil the aims and objectives of the planned careers programme in line with the business objectives.
- Determine all deliverable elements of a careers programme and cost effectively
- Create a three year business plan which outlines the stages needed for the successful development of the programme, including a timeline of launch and first year deliverable elements
- Lead on the setting up and delivery of the first year delivery of the programme including activities and events and individual packages of support.
- Establish a database of and maintain effective working relationships with partners, employers and institutions in the city and across greater London initially, to establish a vocational programme of events and activities.
- Liaise and negotiate with employers and institutions to secure their engagement in activities included in the programme such as workplace visits, talks and work experience
- Assist with the delivery of events and courses as required
- Lead on securing and developing new sources of business to grow the careers business including engaging with independent schools to provide careers guidance services
- Follow up enquiries and deliver careers guidance and Higher Education interviews to individual clients in the Gabbitas Office.
- With the support of Gabbitas Sales and Marketing team, actively promote the careers services to external clients
- Maintain a high level of customer satisfaction for all services delivered
- A Careers Advice and Guidance qualification and demonstrable professional expertise
- A dynamic, creative and innovative and entrepreneurial approach to project development
- Excellent communication skills at all levels with the ability to proactively negotiate
- Commitment to the provision of high quality services and effect continuous improvement
- An Interest in developing new sources of business in order to generate income for the project
- Ability to think strategically
- Excellent team working skills but also having the ability to work autonomously
- Ability to organise work targets effectively and manage conflicting pressure and deadlines and work with little supervision
- Excellent ICT skills including use of Excel and CRM systems
- Flexibility to travel throughout London and the south-east and possible to other parts of the UK on occasion). Some evening work may be required.
- Knowledge of the British education system and preferable knowledge of the independent education sector
- Career Skills