Are you an experienced Harness Builder? Are you able to visually and electrically inspect and test wiring harnesses? If so, please apply to this role!
- This role will involve building production harnesses from basic information or drawings
- This will be 38 hours per week working a normal day shift pattern
Key tasks of the job
- Build wiring harnesses in a production environment
- Follow process control documents and codes of practice
- Visually and electrically inspect and test wiring harnesses at all stages of manufacture
- Use manufacturing drawings and quality standards
- Build prototype harnesses as required
- Be able to demonstrate experience in the field of wire harness building
- Knowledge of quality control procedures, techniques and test methods required in the manufacture of military standard wiring harnesses
- Previous experience of cable preparation, wiring stripping and laying
- Experience of wire termination to solder and crimp contacts, screen and wire termination
- Experience of final harness assembly braid, tubing, moulded parts adaptors
Particular skill / aptitude required:
- The ability to read all types of drawings but with emphasis on wiring diagrams, wiring schedules and wiring harness assembly drawings
- Proven wire handling skills
- Initiative, be flexible in approach and have the ability to work with minimal supervision
- Proven record keeping skills
- Be open and approachable
- A practical hands-on approach
- Have initiative, be flexible and have the ability to work unsupervised
- Technical by nature
- Demonstrates safe working and knowledgeable on safe systems or controls
- Able to work as part of a Harnessing team
- Ability to influence and champion change
- Attention to detail
- Demonstrate initiative, flexibility and a willingness to take on additional responsibilities and work in an efficient manner
- Be an effective communicator, both written and verbal
- Strong literacy, numeracy and computer skills
- Be proactive in carrying out defined tasks, taking responsibility for your own actions
- Have a logical methodical approach to the given task
- Demonstrate excellent timekeeping and attendance
- Demonstrate flexibility and be prepared to learn new skills and acquire new knowledge
Jackie Kerr Recruitment is an independent agency that has been established for 20 years.
We strive to provide the ultimate consultancy service to all our candidates. Whether you are looking for permanent or temporary work we pride ourselves in understanding our candidate’s requirement’s to ensure that we place you in your ideal role.
We have recently heavily invested in new Recruitment Software that provides an online portal. Simply visit www. jackiekerrrecruitment . com to enter your details and you will receive job alerts, hot off the press.
The portal enables you to update your information and CV at any time, so we always have your latest employment details on record.
So please visit our website and let us help you to find your dream job!
Please note: At Jackie Kerr Recruitment we receive a huge number of applications for each job that is posted. If you do not hear from us within 2 weeks of your original application, please go to our website www. jackiekerrrecruitment . com to apply for other jobs that may be suitable to you.
- Wiring Diagrams