Hardware Team Leader
Bournemouth, Dorset - 15 Enterprise Way - *Relocation Assistance Provided*
As Hardware Team Leader, you would lead a team of skilled Hardware, Firmware, Mechanical and Qualification Engineers who work on projects related to Air Data Computer technology. Here in Bournemouth, we design and manufacture cockpit voice and data flight recorders as well as air data computers and ice detectors. Our Air Data Computers have the world’s highest specification pressure sensors while operating in an aircraft environment! This is your chance to make an impact in a global organization working at the cutting edge of technology.
You would lead the team to success by using the latest safety critical microcontroller technology to generate airspeed and altitude output signals for our defense customers. The Air Data Computer supplies primary airspeed and altitude data to other aircraft systems including pilot instruments, autopilots, flight management systems and many others. You would also be working with Ice Detector technology targeted at helicopters and used to control helicopter deicing systems. Various technical challenges will be presented so you will need to think on your feet and come up with innovative solutions to overcome them.
You will have a natural ability to lead a team, bring people on side and prioritise your work as well as a sound technical understanding of our complex products.
- Experience in embedded digital and analogue design within an aerospace / automotive / medical / safety-critical environment
- Demonstrated high performance and achievement in leadership and management of engineering teams through a full product development life cycle (including system design, development, integration, test, verification).
- Familiar with small Microprocessor and microcontroller systems.
- Familiar with Schematic design using ORCAD or similar package.
- Familiar with Op Amp level analogue & DC-DC PSU design.
- Design for EMC.
- Familiar with FPGA design and simulation in VHDL.
- Experience of working with DO-254 and ARP4754.
- Experience of working with DO-160 would be beneficial.
This position may require exposure to information which is subject to US export control regulations such as the International Traffic in Arms Regulations (ITAR). All applicants must meet eligibility requirements of the ITAR and of the [UK]/EU.
Curtiss-Wright values diversity in the workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or protected veteran status. If you require accommodation due to a disability at any time during the recruitment and/or assessment process, please contact Talent Acquisition and we will make all reasonable efforts to accommodate your request.