There is now a vacancy for a Hardware Engineer to join a leading manufacturing company in Rochester, Kent. Salary package for the Hardware Engineer is up to £38,000 + benefits.
Hardware Engineer - Role Purpose:
To design and develop new hardware for the company’s range of products and to support existing products. Role reports to the R&D Manager.
Hardware Engineer - Duties and Accountabilities:
- Design and develop hardware for products and associated equipment.
- Involved in both analogue and digital design at system, product and circuit level
- Schematic design of high speed interfaces
- Utilising EMC and Signal Integrity to complete impedance matching, decoupling strategies, PCB layout and debug of designs
- Liaise with other hardware engineers, production and production engineering where necessary.
- Ensure that designs meet the stated objectives relating to performance, cost and timescale.
- Ensure that work is carried out within the framework of the company’s Production Engineering and Purchasing procedures.
- Produce prototypes of designs where appropriate.
- Maintain and update existing product designs and design documentation as required.
Hardware Engineer - Person Specification:
- Degree or equivalent in an electronics related discipline
- Proven experience in hardware design and development role
- Hands on analogue and digital design at system, product and circuit level.
- OrCAD/ALTIUM schematic design including best practices and techniques for high speed interfaces (NAND, NOR memory) designs
- Experience using firmware-hardware interface development and integration
- Knowledge of popular microcontrollers/Embedded systems: Atmel, STM32, 8/16/32 bit, ARM Core
- Skilled in SPI, I2C, Ethernet, I2S, DAC, ADC, USB, UART, RS232, RS485 communications
- Experience of EMC and Signal Integrity best practices and techniques
- Awareness of CPLD or FPGA designs using VHDL
- Ability to work as part of a team, as well as to take the lead on projects
- Electronic Hardware
- Embedded Systems
- Hardware Engineering
- Hardware Engineers
Bank or payment details should not be provided when applying for a job. reed.co.uk is not responsible for any external website content. All applications should be made via the 'Apply now' button.Report this job
"Office Assistant jobs in London"
'Saved search name'