Commutable from Sheffield, Rotherham, Barnsley, Doncaster, Worksop.
Hardware Engineer, Production, Hardware Testing, Electronics, Test Hardware, Mentor Graphics PADS, LabVIEW.
This leading designer and manufacturer of software and electronic control products are seeking an experienced Hardware Engineer to work in a dynamic, multi-disciplined Production team near Rotherham. For Production, the Hardware Engineer will continually understand what support is required to allow the production plan to be fulfilled, whilst for R&D, to ensure current and new test hardware is designed for efficient manufacture. It revolves around problem solving of production process problems, balancing priorities for rapid business expansion and a changing company structure.
The Hardware Engineer will report to the Manufacturing Engineering Manager and ensure sufficient and capable test hardware is available to meet business demand at all times. The Hardware Engineer will implement a planned preventative maintenance system including recalibration and essential spare parts inventories, proactively evaluate and monitor equipment performance, providing feedback to equipment designers to facilitate design improvements.
The Hardware Engineer provides the necessary level of expertise to provide Production with the means to test all production PCBA's to specified design standards, ensuring that the required quantity of test hardware is available and working to agreed performance levels.
The experience / knowledge / skills required of the Hardware Engineer include :
* HNC/D level in an electronics discipline
* 5 years' experience in a similar role
* Have an excellent work ethic and be self-motivated
* Basic machining skills (milling/turning)
* Electrical panel building experience
* Work accurately with attention to detail
* Ability to produce equipment documentation
* Good communication skills, ability to get on with all levels, ability to work as part of a team
* Mentor Graphics PADS or similar
* LabVIEW or similar
* Excellent Time and Project Management
* MS Office Suite
It would be desirable if you have the following skills and experience :
* Experience of equipment risk assessing
* Experience of lean manufacturing techniques
* PAT Testing
The main accountabilities of the Production Hardware Engineer include :
- To routinely liaise with peers and senior management to ensure that sufficient test hardware is available to meet current and future demand.
- To create and use a "new test hardware handover" procedure to ensure new R&D supplied equipment is fit for purpose and fully documented.
- To use hardware documentation to specify and project manage the delivery of duplicate test hardware as required.
- To install, commission and validate duplicated test hardware into production.
- To support R&D with the implementation of hardware and software revision changes.
- To contribute to the creation and continuous improvement of test equipment documentation including operator test instructions.
- To re-calibrate tester hardware in line with the company calibration register.
- Provide fault finding and repair support to production as required.
- Identify and support the continuous improvement of test equipment and procedures to maximise yield and throughput capacity.
- Ensure that essential spare parts are identified and practical stock levels are maintained.
- Ensure that the test workshop complies with health & safety legislation and agreed housekeeping standards based on 5's principles.
- Proactively create, develop and maintain KPI's to identify process and product design improvements.
Great career opportunities in a professional, well established, secure, highly successful and expanding organisation. The company can offer varied and interesting project work in a forward thinking multi-disciplined team. You will be supporting & developing some leading edge software and electronic products.
- Hardware Testing
- Hardware Engineer
- Mentor Graphics PADS
- Test Hardware
Bank or payment details should not be provided when applying for a job. reed.co.uk is not responsible for any external website content. All applications should be made via the 'Apply now' button.Report this job