Flexibility, family, respect, trust and inspiring. These are not words that a marketing department have come up with to describe working at Pico Technology but real words from employees that work here.Pico Technology was founded in 1991 in the UK and has since grown to be the market leader for PC based USB Oscilloscopes, data loggers and automotive diagnostic equipment. Over time Pico Technology has grown and now has offices in Germany, Manchester, USA and China.
HW teams are based in St Neots
We are looking for a talented Hardware Engineer who is looking to join an exciting team developing the next generation pc based oscilloscopes. We offer a stimulating environment with the opportunity to work within a multi-disciplinary team of talented engineers. There will be ample opportunity for the successful candidate to contribute/learn new skills in digital and analogue electronics including FPGA/VHDL, schematic capture, PCB CAD, design analysis and 3D Modelling. Enthusiasm and a positive 'can do’ attitude are a pre-requisite.
Ideally we are seeking Engineers with skills in the following:
- Circuit design and simulation experience focused on digital and/or analogue/RF electronics
- Understanding of circuit debugging and test methodologies
- Experience with microcontrollers and/or embedded application processors/SoCs
- Understanding of firmware and software interactions with microcontroller-based designs
- Ability to work effectively with others as part of a cross-functional product design team
- Documentation of design decisions and implementation trade-offs
- Excellent communication skills both written and verbally
Additionally skills in any of the following will be of value:
- Schematic capture and layout for complex high speed mixed signal custom PCBs
- Switch mode Power Supply (SMPS) design
- FPGA technology, especially VHDL and Xilinx Vivado using technologies such as Spartan, Kintex
- Development of embedded firmware in C or C++• Digital Signal Processing and high speed memory interfaces
Experience with standard lab equipment (i.e oscilloscopes or spectrum analysers) would be highly beneficial Development engineers can use alternate Wednesdays to work on inspirational projects as part of a team or individually on what we call "Blue Sky Wednesdays". You will also feel part of a multinational company with regular communication with other offices around the globe using our internal social media network where colleagues share photos, shout-outs and news stories from the company. You may find yourself discussing the recent basketball game with someone from the USA, discussing environmental changes the company can make as part of "Pico Planet" or having cookie baking contests.
When not at your desk you may find yourself enjoying a lunch with your team paid for by Pico as every team receives a "fun fund", having a coffee with members of other departments as part of Costa roulette, participating in our annual pool competitions or simply enjoying some down time in our Pico Garden. All of this contributes to the family feel that is paramount to Pico Technology.
If this sounds like the role you are looking for, then apply now for immediate consideration.
Bank or payment details should never be provided when applying for a job. For information on how to stay safe in your job search, visit SAFERjobs.Report this job
"Office Assistant jobs in London"
'Saved search name'