Hardware and Embedded Software Engineer
Location: Swindon, Wiltshire
Contract: Full time, Permanent
Fundamentals was set up by two engineers in 1992 to solve a problem, and that’s what we’ve been doing ever since, creating a great place to work in the process. We solve problems by going back to the fundamentals - hence our name! We employ strong intellect; we build great expertise; and we work on the challenges that others avoid.
If this sounds like an organisation you would enjoy, come and join our team.
We are currently recruiting for a Hardware and Embedded Software Engineer. The role will involve developing products taking a concept from the initial requirements through to customer integration; as well as upgrading our current offerings. We are looking for someone with an interest in both hardware and software design who is willing to continually learn new skills and develop knowledge in unfamiliar areas.
Applicants will be at an advantage if they have experience in:
- Development of embedded software for 8 and 16 bit micros in C and development of mixed low-frequency analogue and digital circuits for AC voltage measurement, current loop and various serial busses, including schematic capture, PCB layout and prototype testing.
We require a wide range of skills, and would like to hear from candidates interested or experienced in the following:
- Design of software and hardware that facilitates automation of regression, functional and unit testing of products
- Type testing of products for compliance with EMC, Safety, mechanical and environmental standards
- Experience of working with protection or control equipment that is powered by and has inputs and outputs operating at 100V dc and/or 230V ac
- Common control hardware and protocols such USB, CAN, RS485 and SCADA protocols such as DNP3, IEC60870 and IEC61850
If you have a knowledge of some, a willingness to develop in others and a keenness to deliver WOW with a 'yes we can’ attitude then we would like to talk with you.
If you feel you have the necessary skills and experience to be successful in this role click on "APPLY" today, and attach an up to date copy of your CV for consideration!
- Software Engineering
- Software Engineer
Bank or payment details should not be provided when applying for a job. reed.co.uk is not responsible for any external website content. All applications should be made via the 'Apply now' button.Report this job