Salary: Negotiable for excellent candidates + benefits
My client is the global leader and innovator in Testing, Inspection and Certification services, recognised worldwide as the global benchmark in quality and integrity.
We have an excellent new opportunity for an experienced management professional with a good understanding of UK Hardlines market (brands, importers and specific retailers) to join our global organisation. The Hardlines Manager will be responsible for leading the Hardlines business in the UK across all related capability and services with overall P&L responsibility working closely with the applicable Operations Managers, proposing and agreeing strategy with the Consumer Retail Services Manager to maximise revenue and profit whilst maintaining high standards of quality and service delivery to customers.
My client offers a competitive base salary, plus a company car and an annual 20% bonus. They also offer an excellent benefits package including a minimum of 23 days' holiday, childcare voucher and discount schemes, private health cover, plus a contributory stakeholder pension with a matching contribution of up to 8%.
- Collaborate with the global VP Hardlines, the Hardlines network and the UK CRS team to promote local and international services to grow UK accounts.
- Overall responsibility for the revenue and profitability (local contribution) targets, and ensure overall group direction/objectives are met through effective business planning, working closely with the Operations managers to ensure efficient and appropriate use of resources/facilities, and by ensuring we have the operational capacity and capability to deliver valued services to customers.
- Manage the Hardlines GKAM / IS team to ensure all Hardlines services are promoted both locally and international to achieve revenue targets set by the business.
- Maintain an awareness of local market trends/developments to ensure that new business avenues, for example through acquisitions, are explored and appropriate growth opportunities maximised.
- Identify and develop new business opportunities to enable the ongoing long term growth and profitability of the business.
- Manage key customer interfaces to ensure requirements are understood and issues resolved so that the customers receive the required service in a timely and high quality manner.
- Carry out regular rate reviews with existing clients to ensure profitability is maximised whilst maintaining effective customer relationships.
- Ensure performance management of team, including annual employee performance appraisals to identify individual development needs, assess contribution and meet the objective ensuring all employees have accurate performance agreements.
- Develop and implement a workforce plan to ensure the recruitment and retention of appropriately skilled staff in order to provide a high quality service to customers, with support from the HR department.
- Experience of managing within budgetary guidelines to the needs of the business to ensure P&L targets are met.
- Good track record of developing new business and maintaining effective customer relationships.
- Experience of leading a sales team.
- Influencing people to ensure business and customer needs are met.
- Good understanding of UK Hardlines market (brands, importers and specific retailers), products and TIC services to customers.
- Able to identify and capitalise on business development opportunities to ensure sustainable revenues.
- Effective interpersonal skills - able to develop positive working relationships with people at all levels, both with colleagues and external clients/partners.
- Good communication skills - both verbal and written.
- Managing and familiar with financials and budgets.
- Able to adopt a flexible approach to work and react effectively to a rapidly changing environment.
- Effective people management techniques.
- Able to work under own initiative and with a high degree of autonomy & maturity.
- Knowledge of IT systems, particularly MS Office applications.
- First degree or equivalent - e.g. BA (Hons), BSc(Hons), etc.
- Working knowledge of contract and employment law.
- Sound working knowledge of the business activities within the wider business.
- Relevant management qualification/training e.g. ILM, NEBBS, etc.
- Higher degree - e.g. MBA, MA, MSC, PhD.
- Relevant professional qualification/membership of industry body.
- Undertaken or willing to attend HR and Management Training.
- Consumer Goods