HAPS Avionic Technician
Line Up Aviation has carved its own place in the recruitment of Aviation and Aerospace personnel all over the world for more than 30 years. We work with some of the industry's best known companies who demand the highest standard of applicants.
Role: HAPS Avionic Skilled Production Technician
Pay: £152 per day
Contract: 6 months +
About the project:
The High Altitude Pseudo Satellite (HAPS) "Zephyr" is a new, award winning and state-of-the-art solar powered ultralight weight CFRP Unmanned Air Vehicle (UAV) for use in both commercial and military applications from Airbus Defence and Space.
The HAPS Operations team are responsible for the design, build, operation and maintenance of the aircraft throughout its entire lifecycle. They are experiencing phenomenal growth at the moment and, as a result, a number of new roles are being created for Skilled Manufacturing Technicians.
The scope of this role is to manufacture to time, cost and quality the new HAPS Zephyr aircraft and associated Ground Support Equipment to fulfil the HAPS Global Business case.
Reporting into the HAPS Production Operations Manager, you'll join our ground breaking production team, based in Farnborough, Hampshire, UK.
Your main tasks and responsibilities will include:
- Avionic equipment assembly, test, installation, wiring and system integration of UAV's platforms
- Maintain build records
- Health and Safety process adherence and reporting
- Self-certification of work completed
- Continuous Improvement of the production system
- Contribution to Problem Solving and corrective action delivery
- Safe handling and protection of very fragile and flexible components
Skills & Experience
We are looking for candidates with the following skills and experience:
The successful candidate will demonstrate the following:
- Academic qualifications in an avionic/electronic engineering discipline and /or time served apprenticeship in avionic/electronic manufacture / installation / test
- Hands-on multi-skilled practical avionic/electronic engineering technician
- Conducting and recording of installation and system integration tests
- Demonstrated experience / knowledge / delivery of avionic test phase
- Demonstrated knowledge of production/maintenance processes to high quality standards
- Ability to read and understand engineering drawings and interpret requirements into finished products
- Demonstrated experience pro-actively solving technical problems
- Experience of hands-on production of avionic hardware and wiring installations
- Ability to work flexibly as part of a team
- Quality conscious working method and organised approach to tasks
- Enjoy using own initiative, working unsupervised and taking responsibility for own task package
- Enjoy providing technical input and advice to design teams and peers on manufacturing procedures, issues and ideas for improvement
The successful candidate will be subject to UK National Security Clearance in order to undertake related work in accordance with business needs.
If you are interested in applying for this position and you meet the requirements, please send your updated CV to: Donna Bettiss at Line Up Aviation
Due to the number of applications we receive, it's not always possible to contact unsuccessful applicants. Unless you hear from us within 14 days of your application, please assume that you have been unsuccessful on this occasion.
"Follow @LineUpAviation on Twitter for all of our latest vacancies, news and pictures from our busy UK Head Office. Interact with us using the #LineUpAviation tag at anytime! Thank you for your follow!"
Bank or payment details should not be provided when applying for a job. reed.co.uk is not responsible for any external website content. All applications should be made via the 'Apply now' button.Report this job
"Office Assistant jobs in London"
'Saved search name'