Job Title: Handyworker
Location: Isle of Dogs
Salary: £20,000 - £23,000
Working hours: Monday to Friday; Hours 9am to 5pm.
Who are we?
FirstPort is the largest and most experienced property manager in the UK, employing more than 3,300 people, of which 2,500 work at the 3,700 developments we manage. Great property management is about more than just bricks and mortar. We recognise and value the contribution our people make to our business and we are committed to ensuring they are skilled and equipped to do the best job they can and that they have the opportunity to realise their potential
RESPONSE- FirstPort's Internal Recruitment Agency
Providing temporary and permanent site staff cover to FirstPort developments and internal departments across England and Wales
Permanent or Temporary, Individual placements or high volume, Long Term or for one day. Whatever the role or level, Response will find the highest calibre candidates
We are currently assisting one of our prestige Developments, recruit a Handyworker to join their busy but extremely friendly team on a permanent basis
If you look out for people's best interests and show them you care by dealing with them in a warm and friendly manner. If you are creative, resourceful and can listen, consult and take on-board people's opinions and needs then this could be the job for you!
What you'll be doing:
- To follow the instructions and procedures laid down by the Development Manager to deliver a rolling programme of minor decoration, repairs and maintenance for the Building to include clean down of walls as and when necessary to remove marks and decorate. To report any areas requiring major repair.
- To ensure that residents, visitors, staff and contractors are protected from health and safety hazards.
- To ensure that the communal areas are kept clean and welcoming, including jet washing of the grounds on a periodic basis.
- To check fire escape routes are clear of obstructions including all areas in the car park and the grounds.
- To check all lights are working throughout the building, changing light bulbs, fuses, and time clocks as necessary.
- To visually check all drainage in the car park to ensure there are no blockages or evident leaks and routinely carry out the jet washing of the same drains.
- To check buildings, car park and grounds for items of disrepair, security and health and safety reporting these to the Development Manager
- Maintain adequate stocks of such items as cleaning materials and light bulbs. Ensure relevant spares and consumable items as detailed in the First Port manual are kept. Maintain and keep secure all equipment and tools belonging to the building.
- To carry out checks of Landlord areas, common parts and plant rooms to note and rectify defects and to maintain plant rooms in clean, tidy and safe condition. Communicate all abnormal critical plant conditions as appropriate.
What skills you'll need:
You will need to have worked in a similar position and have relative experience
The ability to work individually, as pa