GREEN SKY - HANDYMAN ROLE
We are seeking to appoint a keen and pro-active person to assist in handyman activities within an educational/school environment.
Duties will include routine maintenance work, though not limited to:
- Replacing silicone
- Unblocking & repairing sanitary appliances such as drains
- Assembling and repairing furniture
- Painting walls and fixing wallpaper
- Repairing toilets
- Resolving damp/mould issues
- Carrying out carpentry work such as window, door, lock fixing/changing
- Carrying out minor repairs and general cleaning
The successful applicant will have practical handyman expertise. You will work as part of a team undertaking based from our Head Office in Barnet and then travelling to respective schools in the local area.
Given the nature of the work, the hours will vary from the standard on occasions and the successful applicant will be expected to be flexible in accommodating any changes.
The closing date for this post is Friday 11th May 2018 at 12 noon. Please note that we reserve the right to close any advert before the advertised closing date should a sufficient response have been received. Therefore, please ensure that you complete your application as soon as possible to avoid disappointment.
• Several years’ experience in a similar role within an educational or related environment.
• Demonstrable knowledge of general multi trade maintenance tasks.
• Demonstrably strong oral and written communication skills, display an ability to follow
directives but also work on their own initiative.
• Flexible approach to management and overtime work.
• Good general health with the ability to lift and move heavy items (appropriate manual handing training is provided).
• Outstanding collaborative skills and a desire to work in a team-focused environment.
• A proven commitment to the safeguarding and welfare of children.
• Qualification in plumbing
• Qualification or familiarity with health and safety protocols and checking methods
Applicants must be willing to undergo child protection screening appropriate to the post.
Job Type: Full-time
Salary: £18,500 to £22,000 per year based on experience
- Handyman: 3 years
Required licence or certification:
- Driving Licence
- Building Maintenance
- Property Maintenance
Bank or payment details should not be provided when applying for a job. reed.co.uk is not responsible for any external website content. All applications should be made via the 'Apply now' button.Report this job