Main Duties and Responsibilities
- To provide high level and proactive maintenance support to the Development.
- You will be expected to work to a monthly schedule which will encompass the minor maintenance work of the development.
- Carry out communal lighting inspections of the building and replace any defective bulbs.
- Ensure that all drains and gutters are completely clean and free of rubbish. Report any blockages which cannot be resolved without specialist machinery should be reported immediately to the development managers
- You will be required to undertake painting in the common parts including replacement of ceiling tiles.
- To ensure all tools are maintained and kept securely and that they are only used by authorised personnel.
- You will be required to undertake a number of small repair and remedial works to the communal areas as and when required.
- You will be required to carry out planned project work as and when required.
- To assist both contractors and visitors with orientation around the estate. Supervising routine maintenance of all communal plant and machinery and ensuring that the maintenance contractors fulfil their contractual obligations in terms of frequency of visits, response times etc.
- Instructing contractors, where appropriate, to deal with problems such as non-functioning of plant and machinery and notifying the managing agents of any action as appropriate
- To assist the other staff on site including Security Contract Guards and Cleaners, by acting as a permanent presence around the estate. You will be expected to report any breaches of security or suspicious occurrence to the onsite concierge immediately.
- Dealing with and recording all disputes between residents, staff, contractors, delivery personnel or any other visitors to the building, as well as any injuries, accidents or other incident affecting the building, residents, visitors or staff.
- To carry out any ad hoc duties as stipulated by the Development Manager/ Managing Agents.
You will need to undertake a workstation assessment to ensure that your work environment is safe and familiarise yourself with some key health and safety processes. If any accidents do occur whilst you are working, you are required to document this. Please also make yourself aware of any slips and trips within the office and familiarise yourself with guidance on working at height and with various tools. At all times you must able to spot hazards and continuously work safely.
Whilst on duty you should be of tidy personal appearance, and wearing the uniform provided.
Follow current Health & Safety laws and guidance.
You should refrain from smoking, swearing or shouting, being under the influence of alcohol, behaving unsociably, watching television, sleeping, eating, and congregating with others at any time whilst you are on duty.
The security of the buildings and safety of the residents is of utmost importance.
You are expected to be courteous to all residents and under no circumstances to be rude even when he/she may consider there has been provocation. In such circumstances the incident should be reported to the managing agents.
You should be particularly mindful to give assistance to the residents, especially the elderly and infirm.
Requests made by a resident to you to carry out private work must be declined.
* Internal Departments.
* External Businesses/Contractors.
* Residents /Customers.
* Site Staff.
* Minimum one year's previous experience in a Maintenance Operative position.
* 2 year's general maintenance experience.
* Working at heights training would be an advantage.
* Ability to manage difficult customers.
* Ability to manage a variety of tasks and to work under pressure.
* Team Player.
* Open and outgoing.
* Professional and patient manner.
* Ability to remain calm during a crisis.
* Must wear company logo uniform at all times.
* Courteous at all times.
If this is of interest please apply now.
Randstad CPE values diversity and promotes equality. No terminology in this advert is intended to discriminate against any of the protected characteristics that fall under the Equality Act 2010. We encourage and welcome applications from all sections of society and are more than happy to discuss reasonable adjustments and/or additional arrangements as required to support your application.
Candidates must be eligible to live and work in the UK.
For the purposes of the Conduct Regulations 2003, when advertising permanent vacancies we are acting as an Employment Agency, and when advertising temporary/contract vacancies we are acting as an Employment Business.
Bank or payment details should never be provided when applying for a job. For information on how to stay safe in your job search, visit SAFERjobs.Report this job
"Office Assistant jobs in London"
'Saved search name'