This is a great opportunity for a Handyman / Caretaker to join our client’s team in London. In this role you will have the opportunity to immerse yourself in the property industry and occupancy management business. The Caretaker is one of the company’s most important front-line roles, which is helping to keep the properties they manage safe for its occupants and pleasant to live in. You will be tasked with the responsibility of ensuring that all basic maintenance issues are dealt with in a timely manner, and are done to a good standard of work. The incident reporting process must be followed and subsequent follow up actions are taken. The job requires you to report in regularly, but using your own judgement on what and how to maintain parts of the property rests with you. The role does require significant travel, so you MUST possess a full clean driving licence.
The ideal candidate will have the following attributes/ experience:
- Must be polite and have good interpersonal skills.
- MUST have full driving licence
- Minimum of 1 years` experience in a similar role
- Flexible to the needs of the business.
- Available for out of hours emergency response (additional pay).
- Ability to follow instructions.
- Good communication; verbal and written.
- Strong team player, who is also able to work autonomously.
- Manage stock-take.
- Assist with access to properties when required.
- Keep accurate records.
- Meets deadlines and targets.
- Responsible for meeting KPIs.
- Managing diary and workflow.
- A commitment to providing good customer service.
- Efficient and precise
- Well organised, with an eye for detail and able to use own initiative.
Skills and Experience required:
- Lock changes
- Basic plumbing
- Room/site clearance
- Understanding of H&S
- Investigative works
- Additional desirable skills: tiling, electrics.
In return you will receive:
• Competitive starting salary in the range £20,000 to £22,000 PA.
• Benefits package including Company Pool Car Scheme (driving license is required), Pension, 28 days holiday.
All prospective employees must pass a background check.
- Mechanical Electrical