Handy Person (Electrical Bias)
Looking for a new exciting job role with the opportunity to develop and progress?
We are currently working alongside the UK's leading Facilities Management group to recruit a Handy person in a mobile role, working in the commercial and retail sector. We are looking for an experienced individual; to work in the west of London The role comes with a company van.
As the Handy person, you will carry out semi-skilled building services be able to work on own initiative, without direct supervision, as well as part of a team. Some of the duties you will be expected to carry out; changing lights, meter readings and changing door handles.
- Provide support to others within the engineering team to ensure targets are met
- Assist in carrying out of routine planned maintenance
- Maintain a high standard of work when carrying out engineering tasks and duties.
Further responsibilities include;
- Lamp repair and changing
- Maintenance / repair to joinery
- Maintenance / minor repair to building fabric
- Minor mechanical / electrical repairs
- Minor repair to plumbing systems and clearing blockages
- Emergency lighting testing where appropriate
- Repairs and modifications to tiling,
- Minor repairs / changing out carpet tiles / flooring damage as appropriate
The ideal candidate;
- Health and Safety Qualifications
- Team Player who supports and gets involved
- Electrical qualifications (desirable)
- Worked in a facilities environment (desirable)
- "handy person"