Handy Person Apprentice
Peabody has an opportunity for aHandy Person Apprentice to join the team based in Lordswood. You will join us on an apprenticeship andin return, you will receive a salary of £14,250 per annum.
The Handy Person Apprentice role:
Peabody is looking for a Handy Person Apprentice to support an experienced Handy Person to carry out a range of general maintenance jobs including but not limited to:
- Replacing existing light shades, tubes, bulbs and fuses
- Fitting smoke alarms (battery-operated only)
- Installing doorbells
- Bleeding radiators
- Assembling flat-packed furniture
- Fitting/changing locks
- Fitting curtain rails and shelves
- Putting hooks on walls, hanging mirrors and pictures
- Moving and assembling small pieces of furniture
- Cosmetic repairs to paintwork, varnish and wallpaper
- Simple draught-proofing
- Assistance with moving small pieces of furniture and decluttering
- Clearing guttering and waste pipes
- Assembling sheds
- Lawn mowing
- Replacing taps and minor plumbing work
- Fitting a key safe
- Ensure the provision of excellent customer services to all stakeholders in order to maximise customer satisfaction
- Participate in training to develop a wide range of skills within the handy service function
What we’re looking for in our Handy Person Apprentice:
- Willingness to learn new skills and be flexible in your approach
- Ability to communicate sensitively with a wide range of people
- Awareness of health and safety and risk related issues
- Good written and verbal communication skills
- Practical DIY skills with basic experience of carrying out tasks
- Good standards of general fitness and must be able to climb stairs, ladders, lifting and carrying etc
- A-D (4-9 new system) GCSE grades in Maths and English / equivalent to a level 1 qualification
If you feel have the skills and experience to become our Handy Person Apprentice please click ‘apply’ now to be directed to our careers page and complete your application. Please monitor your emails also during this time.
Peabody is an equal opportunities employer and positively encourages applications from suitably qualified and eligible candidates regardless of sex, race, disability, age, sexual orientation, gender reassignment, religion or belief, marital status, or pregnancy and maternity.
NO AGENCY INTEREST
Bank or payment details should never be provided when applying for a job. For information on how to stay safe in your job search, visit SAFERjobs.Report this job
"Office Assistant jobs in London"
'Saved search name'