To ensure that the company abides by its legal and moral responsibilities under the Health and Safety at Work Act 1974 and the Management of Health and Safety at Work Regulations 1999. To develop the health & safety culture further in a forward looking, growing company.
Duties and Responsibilities
• Execute the Company’s health and safety business plan on the shop floor with operations and maintenance employees at all levels. Use the process to improve and sustain health, safety & environmental performance.
• Focus on the behavioural aspects of safety - the traits that make a safe workplace – and work to elevate employees understanding of their role in the Company safety program.
• Work with operators and supervisors to risk assess processes and generate documented safe work procedures. Apply the goal of error proofing processes to remove as fully as possible residual risks.
• Monitor standards of health and safety ensuring that statutory requirements are being fulfilled and progress is being made towards attaining “best practice”. This will include carrying out regular inspections and audits.
• Provide guidance to supervisors and operators with accident & incident investigations; facilitate the completion of problem solving reports and follow up of resultant corrective action. Responsible for incident reporting and the production of subsequent statistics (injuries, near hits, damage incidents etc.)
• Provide specialist dedicated HSE support to major maintenance and engineering projects, for example, major equipment overhauls.
• Identify HSE training needs and select suitable training providers to support company health and safety initiatives.
• Be seen as the technical expert and manage internal/external relationships (safety committee, liaison local agencies, company insurers etc.)
• Drive improvements and manage the HSE Management System
• NEBOSH diploma, certificate or equivalent
• Relevant Environmental Qualification
• CDM Coordinator - (would be advantageous but not a necessity)
• Appointed person - (Lifting) - would be advantageous but not a necessity
Demonstrable Experience of;
• Successfully developing and executing safety improvement plans including implementation.
• Ability to positively influence safety culture in the work environment.
• Experience and knowledge of environmental management systems.
• Management of OHSAS14001 and OHSAS18001.
Experience of HSE within a Heavy Engineering or METALS etc, Glass Manufacturing or Chemicals etc/ COMAH etc would be highly advanatageous
Reed Specialist Recruitment Limited is an employment agency and employment business