Location - Clifton, Bristol
3 Months temporary
5 days a week
Pay Rate discussed
Are you an experienced Health and safety manager? Are you looking for your next opportunity working at one of the best Schools in the Country?
My clients are at present recruiting for a H&S manager on a possible temp to perm basis, You will need to have Significant experience of health and safety management & Experience of law and its interpretation relating to education.
Main responsibilities will include:
- Ownership of the College Health and Safety Strategy. Ownership of the College Health and Safety Management Plan.
- Ownership of the College Master Fire Plan.
- Ownership of the College Health, Safety, and Fire policies and procedures.
- Assist with individual departmental policies, checklists and risk assessments, in order to ensure they are reviewed and signed periodically.
- To provide termly and Annual Reports to the Compliance Committee & Council.
- To develop good working relations with all Area Custodians, Activity Leads and staff in order to embed Health and Safety in all that is done at Clifton.
- Act as Chair for the College Health & Safety Committee, and act upon concerns raised.
- To set up and manage the Health & Safety Management System for the College Risk Assessments in order to ensure they are adequate, regularly reviewed and understood by those affected by them.
- Hold the authority to cease any unsafe activities, and/or restrict access to unsafe areas.
- Implement a program of Fire Risk Assessing, undertake Fire Risk Assessments, and periodically review and update assessments, for all college buildings and areas.
- NEBOSH Certificate in Fire Safety and Risk Management (or be willing to undertake the coursework and become qualified).
- Chartered membership of IOSH (CMIOSH), or willing to
- work towards.
- Significant experience of health and safety management.
- 5+ years experience of health and safety management, including board reports.
- Competency to carry out Fire Risk Assessments for complex buildings.
- Experience of law and its interpretation relating to education.
- Knowledge of the applicable law and application in an education context.
If you have any questions please contact Courtleigh on
Randstad CPE values diversity and promotes equality. No terminology in this advert is intended to discriminate against any of the protected characteristics that fall under the Equality Act 2010. We encourage and welcome applications from all sections of society and are more than happy to discuss reasonable adjustments and/or additional arrangements as required to support your application.
Candidates must be eligible to live and work in the UK.
For the purposes of the Conduct Regulations 2003, when advertising permanent vacancies we are acting as an Employment Agency, and when advertising temporary/contract vacancies we are acting as an Employment Business.
Bank or payment details should never be provided when applying for a job. For information on how to stay safe in your job search, visit SAFERjobs.Report this job
"Office Assistant jobs in London"
'Saved search name'