Health & Safety Manager - Hull
Salary £35,000 to £40,000 plus benefits
33 days holiday
Auto enrolment pension
Discretionary bonus scheme
Working hours - Monday to Thursday 08.45-17.15, Friday 4pm finish
Do you want to work in a rapidly growing sector with massive scope for the future and which is sustainable?
Are you ambitious and want the opportunity to grow within a business, where you are supported to maximise your ambitions?
Do you want to be involved in something from the early days a make a real difference to the future of the UK Construction Market and be part of the solution?
If the answer to any of those is YES, then please give me a call as this opportunity is exceptional.
My client, a leading supplier of modular buildings throughout the UK. A growing company, with a national presence they are looking to add to their ever growing team.
They are committed to developing new buildings that are higher quality, delivered faster with lower costs whilst being kind to the environment. Outstanding product quality is an essential part of what makes their off-site manufacturing process a unique selling point for the business.
Purpose of the Role/Role Overview:
The Health and Safety Manager has overall responsibility of the Health and Safety Management System (HSMS) to ensure the HSMS is adhered to and managed by all departments within the Company. It will entail the following as a minimum as a hands on approach;
Specific Duties/Key Responsibilities:
- Ensuring our Employees and supply chain employed are working safely at all times
- Keep up to date with changes in current legislation and to bring to the attention of the HoO any relevant new H&S legislation
- Review all existing company Health & Safety documentation and update accordingly in line with our statutory obligations
- Keeping abreast with CDM Regulations and our legal obligations
- Ensure that all "assessments" as required by legislation are conducted and reviewed at relevant intervals and to maintain records of the same
- Visit each Project site and conduct regular health and safety inspection/audits and prepare detailed H&S audit reports and implement change where required
- Carry out Factory H&S inspections/audits and implement change where required
- Prepare monthly Health & Safety report and action plan
- Managing tools and equipment safety inspections
- Review of all RAMS and COSHH assessments throughout the business to ensure we have adequately assessed the Risks, Hazards and have a Safe System of Working
- To notify the HoO if the corrective action agreed after any workplace inspection is not implemented by the arranged date
- To carry out investigations into all accidents and near-miss incidents and to record the findings on the relevant forms
- Advise the HoO of all incidents reportable under R.I.D.D.O.R
- To arrange ongoing Health surveillance as required
- To highlight areas where training/certification is required to meet the standards imposed by Legislation, Approved Codes of Practice, or H.S.E. guidance
- To coordinate H&S Training such as IPAF, PASMA, Harness Training, Working at Heights, Manual Handling etc.
- Management of company H&S Training records
- Facilitating the companies ISO accreditation with the accreditation supplier
- Conducting internal audits in line with our ISO45001 procedures
- To bring new techniques for continuous improvement to health, safety and welfare
- Assist Pre-Construction Team with Health & Safety Questionnaires
- Assist with completion of H&S questions and maintaining CHAS accreditation and other company H&S accreditations
- Managing H&S Achilles Audits
- Assist Contracts Department with all H&S documentation
- To recommend control measures and advise on the standard of P.P.E. issued to employees. Control and Issuing of company PPE
- Carry out Face Fit testing to comply with HSE legislation
- Management of all H&S aspects of the manufacturing facilities
- The ideal candidate will possess the following Qualifications/Experience as a minimum:
- Proven track record in managing Health & Safety within the Construction Industry ideally Main Contracting with an understanding of full turnkey packages including (Civils, Buildings, M&E and full Fit-out)
- NEBOSH Construction Certificate
- Excellent Microsoft Office skills particularly the use of Excel
- Experience or general understanding of ISO45001 implementation and procedures
- Can implement change effectively
- Has proven track record of implementing H&S procedures throughout a business
- Good Managerial and Leadership Skills
- Ability to meet deadlines and work well under pressure
- Hands on, with the ability to work on own initiative and/or as part of a team
- Methodical and logical with great attention to detail
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
- Proactive professional approach
- Computer literate including preparation of H&S reports
- People person with the ability to communicate at all levels
#MMC #Offsite Construction #Modular #Education #Construction
Bank or payment details should never be provided when applying for a job. For information on how to stay safe in your job search, visit SAFERjobs.Report this job
"Office Assistant jobs in London"
'Saved search name'