We are currently working with a very established business based in the Peak District. Our client is recognised as a world leading manufacturer and supplier they are currently looking to recruit a Health & Safety Manager H&S Manager.
Working closely with the Operations Director and Works Engineer you will be involved in co-ordinating, supporting and advising on all aspects with regards to Health and Safety. To establish, manage and monitor standards, processes, communications, training and systems to ensure all responsibilities associated with Health and Safety within the Company are adhered to.
Main Responsibilities & Duties:
- Ensure a safe workplace environment without risk to health.
- Review all Health & Safety policies, procedures, rules and regulations to ensure adherence and regularly reviewed, updated and communicated.
- Ensure the Company meets its statutory obligations in all areas pertaining to health, safety and welfare at work, including statutory training and reporting.
- Complete and undertake regular reviews of risk assessments and method statements (RAMS)
- Ensure that all accidents are documented, investigated and recommended improvements implemented.
- Ensure that safety inspections are carried out, fire drills and fire alarms are correctly reported, RAMS and working procedures are managed and employees are aware of their responsibilities.
- Management and control of contractors, including reviewing systems and procedures
- All aspects of COSHH, inc.: assessments, LEV Examinations, RPE requirements and personal monitoring.
- Manage a structured programme of health & safety training throughout the Company.
- Liaise with external health & safety consultants in the provision of training programmes and health and safety services, including delivering in-house training and tool box talks.
- Attend health and safety meetings and formulate & distribute minutes. Assist to ensure that all agreed action points are completed within deadlines.
- Keep up to date with all aspects of relevant health, safety & welfare at work legislation.
- Provide regular reports to the Management Team on relevant health and safety activities.
- Liaise with professional bodies and authorities
Qualifications and Skills
- At least 3 years recent and relevant experience in a similar role
- NEBOSH (General Certificate) qualified or higher qualification and COSHH Trained
- Advising to management and handling of H&S investigations
- Experience of formulating, implementing and revising H&S policies and procedures
- Confidential in all matters
- Professional approach, coupled with strong interpersonal skills.
- Excellent planning, organizational and time management skills
- Excellent verbal, written communication and presentation skills
- Strong IT skills
- Ability to work on own initiative and ability to work co-operatively with others to complete tasks and implement process improvements
If the above is of interest to you click apply today and/or get in touch!
- Health & Safety Legislation
- Method Statements