My Client are currently looking to recruit for a H&S Advisor for there diverse and forward thinking team based in South Yorkshire.
* Company Car / Allowance
* pensions scheme
* Health Care
* Death In Service
Qualifications and Experience:
- Diploma/Certificate in Safety, Occupational Health, Industrial Hygiene or related field
- Registered Safety Professional Designation, or working towards designation
- Work Experience
- Required: 3 years' experience in a health and safety capacity within the construction industry
- Knowledge of CDM regulations
- Proven record of implementing and maintaining Health and Safety audit systems
- Knowledge of Risk Assessments / Method Statements / Job Hazard Analysis
- Inspection / Audit experience
Reporting to the Health and Safety Manager, the Health and Safety Advisor is responsible for ensuring that employers and workers comply with safety legislation and that safety policies and practices are adopted and adhered to
- Carry out risk assessments and consider how risks could be reduce
- Outline safe operational procedures which identify and take in to account all relevant hazards
- Issue and Audit Site Permit system
- Carry out regular site inspections to check policies and procedures are being properly implemented
- Ensure working practices are safe and comply with legislation
- Prepare health and safety strategies and develop internal polices
- Lead in-house training with managers and employees about health and safety issues and risks
- Keep records of inspection findings and produce reports that suggest improvements
- Record incidents and accidents and produce statistics for managers
- Attend IOSH seminars and read professional journals
- Produce management reports, newsletters and bulletins
- Ensure equipment is installed safely
- Advise on a range of specialist areas, e.g. fire regulations, hazardous substances, noise, safeguarding machinery and occupational disease
- Implement and maintain audit systems in relation to company safety practice
- Be confident in producing & delivering training to a number of site based operative
- Deliver safety talks to site workers
- Represent and promote the Health and Safety Team internally and externally with Clients, various health and safety associations and committees, and other
- Maintain confidentiality with respect to company and client information
- Safety sensitive: having the authority and responsibility to maintain a safe and efficient working environment; following Company health and safety standards
- Duties outlined herein are intended to be the minimum duties expected of you by the company. You are expected to use your discretion to expand upon these duties to insure that your job mandate is met and that your performance is such that the general spirit and intent of the duties outlined above are completed as required.
- Follow and demonstrate the companies guiding principles and values.
If you think that this role is well suited to you and you meet all of my clients requirements please don't hesitate to apply and use the button below.
Office - Mob -
Randstad CPE values diversity and promotes equality. No terminology in this advert is intended to discriminate against any of the protected characteristics that fall under the Equality Act 2010. We encourage and welcome applications from all sections of society and are more than happy to discuss reasonable adjustments and/or additional arrangements as required to support your application.
Candidates must be eligible to live and work in the UK.
For the purposes of the Conduct Regulations 2003, when advertising permanent vacancies we are acting as an Employment Agency, and when advertising temporary/contract vacancies we are acting as an Employment Business.
Bank or payment details should not be provided when applying for a job. reed.co.uk is not responsible for any external website content. All applications should be made via the 'Apply now' button.Report this job
"Office Assistant jobs in London"