H&S Advisor (Construction) - Hinkley Point
One of our clients, a main contractor operating in the construction industry, has just secured a large new build commercial office block project in the South-West. We have been asked to supply an experienced Health & Safety Advisor who will be responsible for the Health & Safety, Environmental and Quality standards on site. You will work as part of a large management team on this high profile project.
This is a contract role starting from the beginning of May 2018 and running until December 2018.
Health & Safety Advisor Responsibilities:
- Providing guidance and advice to the business and project teams on compliance with statutory requirements and company standards.
- Responding to requests for information / advice from the project team and senior management.
- Undertaking risk assessments relating to HSE.
- Proactively working with the project team during the project lifecycle to ensure that HSE is considered at all stages and the relevant control measures are identified.
- Highlighting areas where poor practice and / or significant risk has occurred.
- Investigating incidents and producing factual detailed reports identifying root causes and recommendations for improvement.
- Assisting the HSE manager in the preparation review and updating of policies and procedures relating to the management of HSE.
- Keeping up to date with new legislation and best practices in the industry through regular reading of journals and relevant websites / site visits.
Health & Safety Advisor Experience Required:
- Construction / Civil Engineering Experience
- NEBOSH (General Construction).
- First aid.
- Degree educated (desirable).
Our client offers quality project work, excellent career development opportunity and highly competitive Rates.
If you are interested in this position, please contact George Cumersdale at UKL Professional.
Bank or payment details should not be provided when applying for a job. reed.co.uk is not responsible for any external website content. All applications should be made via the 'Apply now' button.Report this job
"Office Assistant jobs in London"