Norwich Calisthenics is a calisthenics and gymnastics gym opening in Norwich this spring. We’re on the lookout for a driven, entrepreneurial type to take ownership of running the gym and nurture its growth from day 1. The manager will be the face of the business, our members first point of contact and will work alongside the managing director in making all key business decisions. So it’s fair to say we’re looking for someone very special indeed.
Full-time, shift work (mornings / evenings)
Location: 3 miles North of Norwich - 25 minutes by bus from the city centre.
The ideal candidate will be a confident, sociable, creative, analytical superstar! There’s no end to the qualities we’re looking for in this person, but you must at least have the following:
Required skills, traits and experience
- Previous management experience
- Previous experience managing a team of staff
- Customer service experience
- A target/goal driven mindset
- Finance, budgeting and numeracy skills
- An outgoing, friendly and confident personality with a can do attitude.
Optional skills, traits and experience
The following aren’t required, but bonus points for any of the following:
- Experience working in a gym
- Personal training experience / qualifications
- A gymnast or calisthenics athlete
- Experience running your own business
- Sales experience
- Revenue, costs & profit (financials)
- Growing membership (including retention)
- Recruiting and training the team
- Managing a timetable of freelance personal trainers
- Presentation of the gym
- Organising and running events
- Working on reception to greet members
- Running our online gym system
- … And a whole lot more
What you’ll get in return
You’ll get to run your own business with a £25,000 salary + a generous bonus scheme and potential opportunity for growth in to area management. The work environment will be friendly and chilled out with no corporate robots allowed.