Senior GUI Software Engineer
Bedfordshire, MK43 7TA
Our client is a pioneer in Autonomy and Unmanned Systems. They are renowned for innovation in the delivery of technical solutions in this domain, with strong collaboration with Aerospace and Defence Primes, SMEs and Academia.
They are seeking a senior software engineer to support a mixture of both R&D activities and product development within a leading autonomy and unmanned systems company. As a company, they continuously innovate within core areas such as UAV autopilots, mission systems, ground control stations, and all supporting systems and infrastructure.
- Primarily, your role will be to design, develop and test GUI based software systems to support both experimental activities and product development.
- You will be responsible for delivery, reporting and presentation of technical work and writing and submitting any necessary documentation.
- General tasks related to business delivery (e.g. contributions to experimental procedures).
The above is not an exhaustive list of duties. You will be expected to perform different tasks as necessitated by your evolving role within the company and the overall business objectives of the company.
Suitable candidates are expected to have a degree in software engineering or a technical field (such as maths or physics), and ideally 5 years+ software development. You will be keen to get involved in all development areas, and have a good track history / proven track record in both problem solving and quality software development.
You are comfortable working within a team and in a multidisciplinary environment and have good communication skills. Systems engineering experience and a background in avionics are desirable but not essential - technical competency in high level languages, a can-do attitude and a genuine passion for innovative technology are far more important.
- Full lifecycle development
- Java, GUI
- Linux and Windows development
- Multi-threading experience
- Unit and Hardware-in-the-loop testing
- Agile methods (Scrum or similar)
- GIS Experience
- Experience with STK, Luciad, VBS
Senior GUI Software Engineer Benefits
- 25 days holiday
- Bank holidays
- Pension scheme
- Childcare vouchers
- Free parking
If you feel you are suitable for the Senior GUI Software Engineer role, please apply now!
GUI Software Engineer, Software Developer, Java Engineer, Senior Engineer, Graphical user interface, Full Lifecycle.
Bank or payment details should not be provided when applying for a job. reed.co.uk is not responsible for any external website content. All applications should be made via the 'Apply now' button.Report this job