The candidate who is successful will have the opportunity to work within an absolutely stunning location, based in Essex!
Guest Relations Manager
£22,000 + Fantastic Career Prospects + Excellent Benefits
My client, a luxury 4* resort is nestled in the middle of 320 acres of impressive parkland, making it one of the best hotel’s in Essex. The hotel is the perfect destination for a relaxing getaway, whether you are planning a weekend away, a round of golf or a business meeting, the hotel stands out with its extensive offerings of beautiful 18-hole golf courses, spa with 12 treatment rooms, leisure club and indoor swimming pool and much more!
Direct the activities of the Hotel departments to ensure the achievement of established quality and guest service standards and departmental revenue. Adhere to governmental regulations concerning hotel emergency procedures, safety, or other compliance requirements, as well as brand standards and local policies and procedures. Deliver a guest experience that is unique and brings the brand to life.
My client wants their staff to feel able to do their best, achieve their goals and be recognised for their success. To help them we need you to stay One Step Ahead.
Create confidence – by being an expert at what you do, by acting and looking the part and adapting your style to match your guests’ pace in all you do.
Encourage success – by supporting and respecting your guests and their goals; by recognising them and making our clients feel valued and important and offering thoughtful choices to help them feel restored and balanced.
Make it happen – by being perceptive to your guests’ needs by taking ownership for getting things done and working seamlessly with others to help enhance guest satisfaction.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Support the team to ensure Revenue Retentions.
- Support the team in delivering any Upsell activities and participate with new ideas
- Prepare and submit guest review performance, and Actions plan for future improvement
- Maintain procedures for security of monies, credit and financial transactions, guest security, and inventory control
- Use company systems and processes to maximise revenue
- Develop plans to increase occupancy and ADR through walk-ins and up selling at the front desk
- Support day-to-day staffing requirements and liaise with HOD to advice on performance and development goals for team members. Provide mentoring, coaching and regular feedback to help manage conflict and improve team member performance, ensuring communication the direct Manager.
- Educate and train team members in compliance with brand standards, service behaviours and governmental regulations
- Ensure associates have the tools, training and equipment to carry out role expectations and duties
- Promote teamwork and quality service through daily communication and coordination with other departments.
- Recommend and/or initiate disciplinary, or other staffing/human resources-related actions in accordance with hotel or company rules and policies.
- Ensure Hotel staff provide guests with prompt service, professional attention and personal recognition
- Ensure guests are greeted upon arrival and make time to interact effectively with guests
- Respond appropriately to guest complaints, solicit feedback and build relationships that drive continuous improvements in guest satisfaction.
- Conduct routine inspections of the Front Office, rooms and public areas to take immediate actions in correcting any deficiencies
- Ensure that guest satisfaction data is analysed and that plans are developed and implemented to achieve established goals
- Communicate to appropriate departments all pertinent information related to the expected arrival and departure of VIPs and other key guests or other special guest needs
- Regularly audit all financial transactions to ensure regulations and data privacy requirements are met
- Support Hotel Manager as a central communications point during emergency / crisis situations; develop and maintain relationships with local fire, police, and emergency personnel
- Bachelor’s degree / higher education qualification / equivalent in Hotel Administration, Business Administration and four years of guest service/hotel experience with two years in a management capacity, or an equivalent combination of education and experience
- Must be fluent in English
- A people person
- Have excellent communication skills both verbal and written
- Highly organised
- Very standards focused and able to resolve problems
- You must have excellent communication skills
- You must be a people person
- You must have Guest Relations Manager experience within a 4* Hotel
Bank or payment details should not be provided when applying for a job. reed.co.uk is not responsible for any external website content. All applications should be made via the 'Apply now' button.Report this job