Grp Cost Accountant
An established and well-known engineering/manufacturing company based in Littleborough are currently looking for a Grp Cost Accountant on a permanent basis.
The financial Controller will be responsible for ensuring all products manufactured across the group are costed accurately to allow senior management to make decisions based on reliable information. This role will also work with the Technical and Sales teams with the costing of new product developments.
This person will be a key part of the finance team and will be involved in the management of stock takes and the production of month-end and year-end accounts across the group.
Your key responsibilities will include;
- Work closely with the General Managers and operational staff at the four businesses to ensure all products have accurate standard costs, manufacturing instructions and bills of material.
- Calculation of costs for new products taking in to account raw material cost, machine time, labour costs and relevant overheads.
- Update the costings of existing products to account for changes in currency exchange rates, staff pay, supplier prices, production methods etc.
- Respond quickly to internal requests to provide new or updated costings.
- Key involvement in the annual budgetary process, calculating the labour and overhead absorption rates to be used for the forthcoming year.
- Responsible for completing month end stock valuations and the resultant accounting journals.
- Co-ordinating month-end and year-end stocktakes.
- Working closely with the external auditors to assist them with their work on the year end stock figures.
- Ensuring the month-end GRNI accruals balance to purchase receipt reports.
- Ad hoc reports and investigations.
In order to be considered for the role you must possess the following skills;
- A qualified finance professional with experience of cost accounting in a manufacturing environment.
- A willingness to take a hands-on approach and get out on the shop floor to see how products are made and how the costs are built up.
- Experienced at performing and managing stock takes.
- Strong interpersonal, communication and commercial skills.
- Solid technical ability.
- Strong analytical skills.
- Attention to detail.
- High level Excel skills including the use of Pivot Tables, VLOOKUP etc.
- Experience of using MRP/ERP systems.
If this role sounds of interest please send your CV to
Bank or payment details should not be provided when applying for a job. reed.co.uk is not responsible for any external website content. All applications should be made via the 'Apply now' button.Report this job
"Office Assistant jobs in London"