Thompson & Morgan is an exciting multi channel retailer which is currently transitioning from being a traditional mail order & retail business with an extensive customer database, to a leading digital provider with an extended product range both in the UK and Worldwide.
We are looking for a high-calibre individual to work at our specialist Breeding, Trials and Wholesale Production Nursery located at our 14 hectare Harkstead (Ipswich) trials site.
The ideal candidate will have a keen eye for exceptional quality and detail as well as a proven background in horticultural practice and growing. The role holder will be responsible for producing high quality plant material for Plant Breeding, Trials, Exhibitions, Wholesale Plant Sales and Seed Production.
The ideal candidate is also:
- Knowledgeable & experienced in current horticultural practice, growing techniques and pest and disease treatments
- Confident in their ability to consistently grow high quality plants
- Capable to work under their own initiative
- Self motivated with the ability to adapt to changing deadlines quickly
- Extremely well organised and able to communicate clearly either verbally or in writing
- Able to supervise staff
- A good team player
- PA1, PA6, forklift and tractor driving qualified
Does this sound like you? If so, read on!
Your responsibilities will include (but are not limited to):
- Growing and maintaining all plant material within your area of responsibility
- Being responsible for all Â aspects of the Harkstead Research & Development trials, including organising, growing and receiving materials ensuring high quality standards are met at all times
- Managing and developing an integrated pest and disease control program
If you are interested in this position please apply by sending your CV and a cover letter, stating your salary expectations. We look forward to hearing from you.
- Growing plants
- Pest and disease treatments
Bank or payment details should not be provided when applying for a job. reed.co.uk is not responsible for any external website content. All applications should be made via the 'Apply now' button.Report this job