My client is long established and well regarded and provides a wide range of discretionary healthcare services. This is an exciting time to join as the company embarks on its ambitious growth plans.
An interesting opportunity has become available for a Senior Risk Manager to be responsible for being the lead risk management subject matter expert for this the group Reporting directly to the Group Governance Director, the role will support all risk management activities across the group.
- Ability to effectively challenge stakeholders at all levels on application of the risk framework and risk appetite statements, whilst being open-minded to all factors including personal feedback.
- Extensive and proven experience of defining and implementing risk appetite statements and key performance indicators.
- Ability to motivate and inspire colleagues to be pro-active on risk management
- Supporting the Head of Governance and Approved Persons with building strong and effective relationships with internal and external stakeholders.
- Representing Governance on projects as appropriate.
- Providing risk training and support to key stakeholders, including Approved Persons and Key Function Holders.
- This role requires good experience and an ability to lead interpretation of regulatory requirements in a risk environment
- Extensive experience working in the risk management environment of a FCA regulated financial services business (preferably insurance)
- Proven ability and experience of innovating new risk management practices and frameworks, translating across into risk strategy and embedding with stakeholders.
- Proven ability and experience of operating and thinking at a strategic level, challenging the business plan/strategy and joining the dots to recognise connected risks across the organisation.
- Proven and extensive experience of developing, defining and taking the lead on risk appetite statements and risk tolerances in a group environment.
- Extensive experience and knowledge of enterprise risk management principles and best practice