We may have started small but we’ve always had big ideas. Since Speedy was established in 1977 we’ve grown into the UK’s leading hire business. Along the way we’ve won countless awards for innovation, safety and our commitment to training to name but a few. Our people are the heart of our business and it’s their commitment and professionalism that makes us the biggest and the best in the industry.
We deal with thousands of customers every year, providing them with a first class service and helping ensure they can successfully deliver their projects. That’s where you come in.Package description
Competitive salary plus pension, 21 days holiday rising to 26 days after 1 years plus bank holidays, up to 10% Bonus, Life Assurance and our fantastic salary extras scheme that offers cycle to work and various other fantastic benefits along with our great staff discounts.Main responsibilities
The purpose of the role is to provide support to all levels of the business to ensure compliance with health and safety ensuring best practices are adopted by the HSSEQ team to best serve customers and staff.
- Compile accident / incident statistics for the Group
- Provide advice and guidance on matters of health and safety legislation and compliance
- Provide administrative support for the HSSEQ team (annual leave, sickness)
- Review completed accident investigations and provide feedback to the HSSEQ team
- Review completed risk assessments and safe systems of work and provide guidance to ensure suitable documents are produced
- Liaise with statutory bodies (HSE,EHO,Fire Auth, EA) who may visit Speedy premises or enquire about any related concerns
- Assist in the review of company safety training and procedures
- Assist with specific health and safety information/data for completion of quality assurance or tender documentation
- Conduct audits of Speedy premises and suppliers
- Liaise with insurers and their agents in all aspects of claim management
- Prepare HSSEQ reports for board meetings and present when required
- Deputise for the Group head of safety and compliance manager when required
- Develop policies and procedures to support health and safety within the business
- Assist in managing projects i.e. delivery of agreed SLAs, costing, timings etc.
- Management of safety communications across the business
- Evidence of managing a group level process
· Occupational health and safety qualification at diploma level or NVQ level 4 or above
· CMIOSH or to obtain within 6 months of post
· Customer friendly (external & internal)
· Travel and flexibility requirements - as business needs demand
· High standard of written and verbal communications and the ability to deliver presentations
· Able to use initiative and make decisions with confidence
· Display confidence in dealing with customers and employees with a professional approach to resolve HSSEQ concerns
· Lead by example with enthusiasm for health and safety matters
· Confident in Microsoft Word and Excel skillsAbout the company
Speedy Asset Services is the leading provider of equipment and support services throughout the United Kingdom as well as internationally. Speedy’s core business is to provide an extensive range of products and services to their customers to meet any requirements.