Purpose of Role
The role of the Account Handler is to provide office-based support to their assigned Account Executive in the day to day running of the client portfolio, including setting up all appropriate actions required for contract renewal. The Account Handler is the first point of contact for all client and provider queries and issues as they arise and is expected to have the skills and knowledge to understand what actions are required to meet the expectations of all parties.
- Ensure the smooth running of assigned portfolio on a day to day basis
- Develop, maintain and cultivate a constructive and professional relationship with clients and insurers at all levels
- Be the first point of contact for day to day enquiries from clients, providers and other internal and external sources
- Independently respond to queries from both clients and insurers in a pro-active manner, whilst keeping consultants informed as appropriate
- Co-ordinate administration of schemes including invoicing, membership data, claims data, communication materials and other associated queries
- Prepare template client reports as request by Account Executive
- Resolve any identified discrepancies in provider documentation before sending to clients
- Periodically attend client meetings with the Account Executive, subject to agreement of the Account Handler Team Leader and team resourcing
- Maintain client records and data in line with Towergate systems and protocols
- Provide a proactive professional telephone handling service for both internal & external contracts, including clients, providers and Towergate colleagues.
Essential Criteria - must be clearly demonstrated on CV
- Background in Insurance - Either at an Insurer or Broker
- Background in Customer Service/Sales
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
- Proactive attitude, with the ability to use initiative
- Excellent organisational skills
- The ability to work under pressure and assimilate large quantities of information quickly, while maintaining attention to detail
- Effective teamworking skills
- Influencing and negotiation skills
- Oral and written communication skills
- Commercial awareness
- Willingness to learn
- Resilience, to enable you to deal with problems and constructive criticism
Please apply online
- Commercial Insurance
- Account Handlers
Bank or payment details should never be provided when applying for a job. For information on how to stay safe in your job search, visit SAFERjobs.Report this job
"Office Assistant jobs in London"
'Saved search name'