Group Reservations Agent - French/German Speaker
In over five decades of business MIKI Travel have grown to become one of the most influential Travel Wholesaler’s in the global market. With over 40 offices worldwide, we are proud to offer a vast portfolio of travel products covering 173 countries worldwide.
As a Business to Business travel provider, our product diversity ranges from vast numbers of individual tours to large group series as well as ad-hoc group tours, covering hotels, restaurants and coaches. We provide the highest quality of travel services aiming to innovate and inspire.
Miki Travel are looking for people with a genuine interest in pursuing a career within the travel industry. Our office in the City of London offers a multicultural environment and employs people with a diverse range of experience and skills.
About the Department.
The Reservations department handles the entire hotel booking process, to organise the tours. This involves liaising with our sales offices in Japan and Asia, who receive requests for hotel accommodation and tours from travel agents. We handle a variety of scenarios ranging from special requests for VIP clients to resolving complaints.
We are currently seeking to recruit a Group Reservations Agent within our Hotels Division.
To book hotel accommodation for our global client base using our in-house systems. As Miki Travel is a B2B wholesaler your main point of contact will be with our hotel suppliers with our internal sales teamswho work hard to meet the deadlines from travel agents who request quotations. The role will also involve negotiating rates and conditions with hotels.
- Contacting hotels by phone, email or fax in order to discuss present and future reservations
- Select appropriate contracts and non-contracted hotels according to sales requirements
- Process bookings and inputting details/rates using Miki in house system
- Negotiate rates and conditions such as cancellation and payment policies
- Provide suitable alternatives as and when required
- Produce accurate documents/reports
- General admin tasks
- Dispute handling
- Process deposits/refunds
- Negotiate book outs, compensations and cancellation charges when needed
- Prioritise workload according to deadlines
- Capable of handling high volume in a timely manner with accuracy
- Ability to work under pressure
- Professional and efficient telephone manner
- Ability to Multitask
- Superb interpersonal skills
- Demonstrate team working
- Loyalty and commitment when independently working
- Outstanding time management and organisation skills
- Preferred negotiation, customer service and problem solving abilities
- Positive attitude towards change and great adaptability
- Excellent spoken and written communication skills in English and French or German.
- Sound knowledge of MS office applications
- Previous experience within travel/hospitality industry, or admin/retail/logistics experience will be considered
- Regional knowledge of Europe.
- Previous experience within Hotel Group/FIT/Operations/Reservations
What we offer;
As well as offering a friendly, multicultural environment, our benefits include;
- Riverside offices in the City of London with great transport links
- Free Gym and Swimming Pool on site
- Digital GP service and free eye tests
- Pension, life assurance
- Paid day off on your birthday
- Communication Skills
- Customer Service
- Microsoft Office
- Time Management
- European languages
Bank or payment details should never be provided when applying for a job. For information on how to stay safe in your job search, visit SAFERjobs.Report this job
"Office Assistant jobs in London"
'Saved search name'