Group Reporting & Consolidation Controller
Our Client is an Entrepreneurial, market leading Commodities Trading business offering the highest level of professionalism, entrepreneurial spirit and personal ownership.
The Controller is part of the Group Reporting/Consolidation department consisting of 7 people. The Group Reporting/Consolidation team supports group entities in all accounting or reporting topics, e.g. external and internal reporting, ensuring IFRS compliance as well as involvement in complex accounting matters through the preparation of accounting position papers. Monthly, high quality and fast paced support is provided to local entities, combined with thorough review of the financial information thereafter. The team’s overall ambition is to provide complete and accurate financial information to management, shareholders and external stakeholders.
In your role as Controller you will be responsible for taking on the current reporting landscape and automating as much as possible. This includes conceptual design and hands-on implementation of the monthly, quarterly and yearly reporting. You will be key in creating a structured approach to this. You will also carry out ad-hoc analyses as required to support the business. Next to that you will execute the organisation’s accounting activities, as well as preparing the accounting statements. Ideally you will be able to provide technical expertise where needed.
To be successful in this role, you will bring with you a Chartered Accountant qualification with 2+ years of experience in Accounting & Reporting within an internationally oriented environment. Next to that you have profound analytical skills and experience with one of the consolidation tools (SAP BPC, HFM, Hyperion, Cognos or similar). You’re an energetic, pro-active person with a strong drive for continuous improvement.
The Controller is involved in the coordination and preparation of the monthly consolidation processes (in accordance with IFRS), and preparation of monthly management reporting and analysis. He/she will be involved in the following tasks:
- Review and approval of over 180 companies in Hyperion;
- Calculating capital employed and reviewing working capital;
- Forecasting and budgeting;
- Support management and financial reporting to different levels in the organization (up to Board level);
- Analyzing reports to improve control of the activities;
- Cash flow analysis;
- Assisting to produce half year / full year group financial statements;
- Interaction with internal / external audit;
- Assisting to establish and integrate new trading offices and asset acquisitions;
- Assisting to prepare accounting position papers for management and the board;
- Coordinate and monitor reporting activities for specific geographies;
- Support investment projects and various ad-hoc activities.
- Chartered Accountant with a 2+ years’ experience within one of the Big4 firms or within an internationally orientated environment;
- Practical attitude, strong communication skills and a pro-active, no-nonsense mentality;
- Curiosity and willingness to learn the company’s business;
- Accurate, good analytical skills, independent, team player;
- IT literate;
- Fluent in English (in word and writing), other languages an advantage.
- Financial Reporting
- Hyperion HFM
Bank or payment details should not be provided when applying for a job. reed.co.uk is not responsible for any external website content. All applications should be made via the 'Apply now' button.Report this job