Title: Group Reporting Accountant
Salary: £50,000 + Package
Location : Cheshire
Post type: Permanent
Oliver James Associates is proud to be working with an international business services organisation seeking to appoint a newly qualified ACA who is looking to make their first move into industry. Reporting directly to the Group Reporting Manager, my client is looking for a technically astute and dynamic finance professional.
The successful candidate will play a key role in taking full responsibility for the monthly FRS 102 consolidation of over 22 companies in over 13 different countries.
- FRS 102 consolidations
- Experience of US GAAP would be useful
- Preparation of UK and Irish financial statements
- Experience will be demonstrated through either company financial statement audit for someone coming from practice or direct experience of working at a company.
- Self-starter who's happy to take on responsibilities, takes pride in their work, able to work in a dynamic environment (with ever changing goals) and run small projects.
- Good FRS 102 knowledge ideally with some experience of consolidations.
- Proficient user of excel.
- Confident oral presentation and communication skills to influence, persuade, negotiate, motivate and agree commitments with colleagues.
- Approachable and able to coach and assist non-finance colleagues with accounting problems / issues.
- Numerate and articulate in handling statistics and interpreting information for communication to all levels within the business.
- Flexible, well organised with lots of initiative, energy and personal motivation.
- Results oriented and determined in resolving issues and achieving objectives.
Specific Responsibilities and Activities:
- Preparation of monthly consolidated Board report
- Preparation of the annual consolidated statutory financial statements and financial statements for UK and Ireland
- Completion of the supporting schedules / balance sheet reconciliations (intangible assets, fixed assets, foreign exchange etc.)
- Intercompany process and transactions
- Assisting with the preparation of annual budgets and forecasts
- Ownership of the Group chart of accounts
- Researching accounting treatments and write papers on expected impact to the Group
- Develop Group Policies and Accounting Policies document
- Assisting with ad-hoc projects as and when required
- Group Accountant