My client is looking to recruit a Group Consolidation Accountant to join their team.
This is a key role supporting the Group Consolidation team in consolidating statutory, management and regulatory information on a timely basis to a high standard. With the organisation going through significant changes including implementation of new accounting pronouncements, this role will provide a boost in resources for the team to achieve their objectives.
The role encompasses the processing and review of information, the production of reports in Excel and using the Group’s consolidation system, Cognos Controller, which is used for actual reporting together with forecast, planning and budget information. Liaison with senior Business management to ensure that information is delivered on a timely basis is an important part of this role.
This role will focus on key deliverables consolidated financial statements, timely review of data submissions from the businesses, liaising and businesses partnering with Group FP&A, Tax and Treasury. The ability to identify financial reporting issues quickly and proactively and to provide effective solutions is paramount. The team is building its US GAAP knowledge and processes and the jobholder needs to be able to quickly grasp the complexities associated with this in order to provide relevant, timely reports.
- Responsible for the monthly consolidation outcome, including ownership, management and continuous development of the close process.
- Proactively anticipate consolidation issues and formulate solutions on a timely basis. Monitor automated consolidation routines and supervise reporting business to ensure that elimination logic is updated as intra-group transactions evolve.
- Support the VP Global Reporting and Technical Accounting and Director Global Consolidations on ad hoc projects as they arise and assume ownership for outcomes.
- In conjunction with the other reporting-focussed Group Accountants, responsible for the production and enhancement of reporting, ensuring that the information presented and explanations provided are accurate and consistent with information reported to the Board.
- Assist with the preparation and review of sections of the statutory quarterly and annual financial statements and other periodic statements.
- As part of a team be responsible for the processing and integrity of the Group’s consolidated forecast, budget and actual results, highlighting and resolving consolidation issues.
- Ensure the integrity of underlying data, data completeness and accounts which should reconcile.
- Production of analytical schedules for monthly and year end results.
Qualifications and Skills Needed
- A qualified accountant with good technical experience and at least a couple of years post-qualification experience.
- Self-starter and motivated.
- Diligent, thorough & flexible.
- Highly developed problem solving skills.
- Capable of challenging in a constructive and positive manner.
- Able to listen and influence / persuade through weight of reasoning and character.
- Pragmatic and comfortable with change.
- Adaptable and flexible with changing priorities.
- Experience of Cognos Controller (or other consolidation systems like HFM or SAP BPC) would be essential.
- US GAAP Knowledge would be preferable
Specific Skills Needed
- Consolidation experience in multi-currency environment essential
- Cognos Controller experience advantageous
- Intermediate Excel skills
You must come from a practice with industry experience to be considered for this role
There is a good base salary plus excellent benefits including car allowance, annual bonus etc
Only relevant candidates will be contacted
- Financial Reporting