PLEASE NOTE: You MUST register and apply on our AQA Job Portal in order for your application to be considered for this role
At AQA, we’re committed to advancing education and we’re committed to our people. As the largest provider of academic qualifications in the UK, we mark over seven million GCSEs and A-levels each year and it’s our people who make this happen.
Group Quality Manager
£52,823 - £60,426 + additional benefits
We are looking for a passionate Group Quality Manager to join AQA, the successful candidate will be responsible for working across the organisation, to promote and ensure quality standards in a high-stakes environment with zero tolerance for error. They will lead the Quality Hub, working closely with existing quality practitioners and process owners to develop and implement a consistent quality management system, building upon existing practices.
In this role you’ll be:
• raising the profile of quality at AQA and promoting a strong and embedded quality culture
• leading on the development and maintenance of a coherent and consistent quality management system for AQA, in conformance with ISO9001
• implement a dashboard of leading and lagging indicators of quality, reporting to senior internal stakeholders
• leading on the production of short, medium and long-term plans for the Quality Hub
• setting of clear ‘quality objectives’ for AQA
• developing and maintaining an Internal Control Framework which is aligned across AQA
• managing AQA’s on-going certification to the ISO9001:2015 quality standard
• ensuring alignment between AQA’s Continuous Improvement Academy and the work to embed a quality focused culture
• working closely with the Regulation Team, the Risk Manager and existing quality practitioners to ensure there is a consistent approach to assurance through an integrated control framework.
You will have:
• experience of working in a quality function at a senior level, having developed quality frameworks, auditing processes and reporting frameworks, ideally in a high-stakes ‘zero error’ environment
• expert understanding of quality frameworks and quality management systems
• good working knowledge of the ISO 9001 international quality management standard
• excellent knowledge of managing, advising, and monitoring of all key aspects of quality and assurance functions
• good understanding of the relationship between quality and risk
• experience in successfully delivering change through matrix management
• experience of developing and maintaining effective working relationships with a range of stakeholders
• excellent change management skills, tools and techniques
• excellent ability to persuade and influence both internally and in external networks
• strong communication skills
• strong IT skills
• ability to inspire and motivate team members and other colleagues.
At AQA we recognise our employees’ contribution and in return we are proud to offer an extensive reward and benefit package. This includes:
• 25 days’ annual leave rising to 30 days, plus all Bank Holidays and additional Christmas leave
• 35 hour working week
• excellent contributory pension (6% - 11.5% dependent on employee contribution)
• life assurance
• an enhanced maternity/paternity scheme
• access to an Employee Assistance Programme offering support with counselling, legal advice and money matters
• access to Learning space, a modern Learning Management System, providing an environment for agile, self-directed learning from high quality e-learning content
• cycle to work scheme
• interest free travel loans.
How to apply
Please upload your CV and covering letter via our AQA job portal.
• Closing date for applications is midnight on Wednesday 21 April 2021.
Applications will be reviewed as we receive them and if a suitable candidate is identified, we reserve the right to close our advert sooner.
• Zoom video interviews to be held week commencing 04 May 2021.
• Final Zoom video interviews to be held week commencing 17 May 2021.
AQA is an equal opportunities employer and welcomes applications from all sections of the community regardless of gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, religion, ethnicity, age, neurodiversity, disability status, citizenship, or any other aspect which makes people unique. AQA is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children, young people and vulnerable adults and expects all staff and post holders to share this commitment. Our Safeguarding Policy is available on our website.
As an employer we are moving towards a more agile way of working, including a balance of office working and home working.
We have a preferred supplier list (PSL) in place.
Unsolicited CVs will be treated as a gift. We will not be subject to or liable under your terms and conditions for agency fees.
AQA are an independent education charity and the largest provider of academic qualifications taught in schools and colleges. With a turnover of over £170m, we set and mark papers for around half of all GCSEs and A-levels. In the summer of 2019 we awarded over 3 million qualifications. Born out of five leading universities, we have over a century of qualifications expertise. Today, we employ more than 1000 people across six locations and work with around 27,000 teachers, lecturers, subject experts and academics, who help set and mark our exams.
Bank or payment details should never be provided when applying for a job. For information on how to stay safe in your job search, visit SAFERjobs.Report this job
"Office Assistant jobs in London"
'Saved search name'