Group Purchasing Manager
As Group Purchasing Manager for The Rick Stein Group you’ll play a key role in leading procurement across all areas of our business. We’re looking for an experienced Purchasing Manager who can deliver cost savings whilst maintaining high standards and reducing risk. You'll join our growing high profile business which has an annual spend in excess of £10m and you’ll work with 400 suppliers and over 9,000 products.
Since Rick Stein and Jill Stein opened The Seafood Restaurant in 1975, we’ve grown to employ 700 people across our teams in Cornwall, Winchester, Sandbanks, Marlborough and Barnes. As well as 12 restaurants, we have 4 retail sites, a cookery school, guest accommodation, a production unit and a distribution centre; as well as a range of support teams.
This is an exciting time to join our team and you’ll have the opportunity to play an important role as we continue to grow the business.
What you’ll need for this role:
- At least 3 years’ experience in a senior procurement role
- A strong knowledge of purchasing processes and strategies
- Experience in a multi-site hospitality/food group (preferable)
The benefits you’ll receive as Group Purchasing Manager:
- A competitive salary plus a performance related bonus
- You’ll have the opportunity to develop your career in our growing family business
- You’ll get 20% discount in all of our shops and restaurants
- You'll have the opportunity to join a childcare voucher scheme (until April 2018)
- You'll receive preferential rates for friends and family at our cookery school
- You'll receive a complimentary meal for yourself and a guest in one of our restaurants each year after your first six months
- You'll be invited to team events with the opportunity to meet Rick Stein and Jill Stein
- You'll have access to our Employee Assistance Programme supported by Hospitality Action, our leading industry charity
Your key responsibilities as Group Purchasing Manager:
- Creating and implementing a robust group procurement process
- Managing and developing the category management team
- Liaising with Operations, Supply Chain, Production, Finance and Marketing teams
- Negotiating with suppliers and continuously monitoring and evaluating supplier performance
- Managing supplier contracts
- Monitoring purchasing practices across the group
If this sounds like the next step in your career as a Group Purchasing Manager, we’d love to hear from you!
Click the apply button to submit your application.
Bank or payment details should not be provided when applying for a job. reed.co.uk is not responsible for any external website content. All applications should be made via the 'Apply now' button.Report this job