Altro are a leading British Manufacturer and supplier, based in Letchworth. We have been going strong since 1919 and know that we can only grow further with great people on board, helping us shape our future. Voted one of the Sunday Times 100 Best Companies to Work For, for 10 years!
We think big at Altro - and we’re globally big in premium integrated flooring and wall cladding systems for construction and transport. Our purpose is to transform spaces to enhance people’s emotional and physical wellbeing. Family owned and run, we share family values; we care about you, each other and what we do.
We are currently recruiting for a Group Procurement Manager to join our friendly team here in LetchworthGardenCity.
Your main responsibilities will include:
- In conjunction with the Supply Chain Manager, to develop, implement and maintain appropriate and progressive Procurement policies, procedures and processes
- The development of action plans for allocated supplier relationships, through cross functional groups.
- To lead, support and maintain the negotiations with existing or new sources of supply for the Group
- To lead the timely segmentation of the supply base based on profit impact and supply risk and devise relevant relationship and sourcing roadmaps for each segment.
- Facilitate progress through action plans and progress Procurement elements of plans taking opportunity to coach other team members.
- Maintenance of all historical and forward information relating to supplier relationships to enable effectiveness in relationship development.
- Maintenance of supplier intelligence to facilitate secure primary sources and alternative sourcing where appropriate.
- Support and leadership of functional teams across the business who are less familiar with Procurement approach.
- Benchmarking, research and cost benefit analysis for all key supplier relationships.
- Preparation of standard cost budgets and ongoing analysis and forecasting of variances.
- Actively engage in continuous professional development and keep up to date with procurement best practice
To be successful you will need to have the following experience and personal characteristics:
- An extensive background in a senior level Procurement role.
- Good all round business knowledge preferably in a Manufacturing environment.
- Experienced in Supplier relationship management models
- Experienced in contracting and agreements.
- People Management & Leadership
- Outstanding communication and influencing skills, able to interact at all levels internally and externally.
- High energy team player self- motivated, with the ability to influence and inform
If you have the relevant experience then we would love to hear from you.