An excellent opportunity has arisen for a Group Procurement Category Manager to join the Odeon Cinemas Group Procurement team - a skilled, driven and dynamic team supporting the company with procurement services for 'Indirects’ and 'Goods for Resale’ activities across a wide range of cinema categories across Europe.
- Promote and develop the procurement brand & culture
- Deliver supplier value, performance and innovation
- Support & manage suppliers to reduce the cost of running our business
- Manage supplier risks to protect our business
- Reporting to the Group Head of Procurement/[Procurement Director], the Group Procurement Category Manager will lead the category responsible for: Development & Real Estate, Facilities, Utilities & Operations
- Define & execute the group’s procurement category strategy across Europe with direct alignment to the overall company objectives & strategy
- Facilitate varied procurement category needs; from setting category strategy, managing competing tender priorities and promoting procurement good practice
- Work collaboratively with key stakeholders; providing market insight, promoting best practice, identifying opportunities & risks and achieving governance compliance
- The role holder will engage colleagues, suppliers and external consultants and provide a professional, efficient and effective procurement service
- Manage, support & develop a 1 Group Procurement Buyer
- To ensure purchasing and contract risks to the business are minimised
- To develop key supplier relationships, monitor suppliers’ performance, and ensure service level agreements & key performance indicators are met
- As a Senior role in our business, a minimum of 5 years experience in a procurement role is ideal
- Experience of D&RE, Facilities, Utilities and/or Operations
- Strategic mindset within a commercial environment; with experience of purchasing a wide range of goods & services
- Able to work within in a dynamic, fast-paced business environment
- Draft & issue Invitation to Tenders to suppliers; analysing tender documentation.
- Good understanding of contract law with in-depth experience of negotiating high value contracts
- Well organised, flexible and keen attention to detail
- Strong communication & developed influencing skills; with an ability to "take people with you".
- Self-driven and motivated to achieve the required results, at pace
- Highly organised with the ability to prioritise workload to achieve timescales
- Strong emphasis on accuracy and detail
- Comprehensive analytical & PC skills
- Supplier Management - proven track record of influencing suppliers to get the "best deal"
- Develop supplier relationship management standards, and monitor supplier & contract management processes to ensure all suppliers meet our ethical and compliance standards
- CIPS qualified
- Previous experience of working in a fast-moving procurement or contract management environment
- Apart from fluent English, should speak at least one more European language (preferably Spanish, German or Italian)
- Stakeholder engagement
- Developed planning, organising and project management skills
Living Our Values
I organise fun activities that keep the team engaged and celebrate our achievements
When managing others, I question and challenge in a way that respects others’ input and builds trust
I work hard to raise the bar for service, constantly looking for ways to make things better for guests at every stage of their journey
I take responsibility for my team’s performance and make sure people are motivated and able to achieve targets
I lead activities to measure our success so that we can keep improving
I encourage open feedback that enables people to learn and develop
I take personal responsibility for my team’s performance and sense of company direction
- Contract Management
- Business Operations
- Supplier Negotiation
"Office Assistant jobs in London"
'Saved search name'