Card Factory is the UK’s leading specialist retailer of greetings cards, dressings, and gifts with over one thousand stores across the UK and Ireland. We have just re-launched an exciting 5-year business strategy including our vision of becoming a customer focused Omni-channel retailer. This strategy sees significant investment into our Support Centre teams with a number of opportunities available to join a fast-paced environment and be part of our exciting journey. If you are passionate about growth, thrive in a fast paced environment and want to deliver real business value through great leadership, now is the time to join Card Factory!
?Purpose of the role
The Group Payroll Manager will be accountable for the accurate processing of payroll for our group companies in the UK and the Republic of Ireland. Leading a small team, to process pay across multiple payrolls and pay dates, and to build a fit for future talent pipeline that develops the team and ensures the Company remain legally compliant.Main Responsibilities
- Overseeing the production and processing of pay for all group companies, consisting of; national retail (including Republic of Ireland payroll), manufacturing, distribution and office based staff.
- Planning for future projects; tax year end, re-enrolment, legislation changes; NLW/NMW, pension regulations, holiday entitlement and pay, sickness and pay, statutory and occupational parental leave and pay. This includes training for the team on all legislative changes.
- Managing queries outside of the standard payroll process, either through escalation by the payroll team, or from other departments / managers. Lead the team to establish career and development plans, including legislation updates and creating a talent pipeline. Move the department forward based on business requirements and look at ways to work more effectively.
- Working with colleagues from other departments on future business projects; business growth, new benefits, software changes.
- Maintaining current knowledge of payroll legislation and making recommendations to the Head of People Shared Services for required procedural changes and improvements.
- Ensure that the required processes are in place to audit and verify the accuracy of the payroll prior to BACS production.
- Ensure all payrolls are reconciled and appropriate filing to HMRC and The Peoples Pension are submitted before the deadline dates.
- Ensure the timely submission of the BACS files to Finance for both standard and interim payments, including the ROI payments.
- Responsible for providing sound payroll and legislative knowledge, including information from HMRC (NMW/NLW, Holiday Pay etc.) and the pension regulator.
- Ensure the payroll team responds to all queries from internal colleagues. Manage any queries from external third parties.
- Preparation of reports for other departments; HR, Finance and the board.
- Project manage the tax year end process and prepare for the start of the next tax year. This includes gathering data and reports, and working alongside the Group Tax Manager.
- Working with the external auditors including the pension governance report.
- Will have previous experience of managing a busy payroll department, with hourly and salary paid workers, ideally using the Open People system.
- Experience of processing Republic of Ireland payrolls.
- Be a great people leader who coaches and develops the team, and also has the ability to be hands on in relation to processing payroll - predominately as a contingency.
- Be self-driven and have the ability to work autonomously, keeping up to date with changes in payroll legislation.
- Be knowledgeable in all statutory payments and statutory deductions, including the apprenticeship levy fee and the new Health and Social Care Tax.
- Have a good understanding of Employment Related Securities, P11d’s and PAYE Settlement Agreements (PSA).
- Have excellent Microsoft skills, Outlook, Excel, Word, PowerPoint skills and the ability to gain full working knowledge of all the software used within the Payroll Department in order to fully utilise the software and support the Payroll Team.
- Will communicate effectively with all stakeholders and maintain confidentiality at all times.
- Be effective with time management and team working.
- Have flexibility in working practices to ensure all deadlines are met.
- Be CIPP and CIPD qualified
In return we offer a wide range of benefits to support your physical, mental and financial wellbeing.
- 33 days annual leave entitlement (inc public / bank holidays)
- Save as you Earn scheme
- 15% Staff Discount
- Discounted Gym Memberships
- O2 open mobile contracts
- Salary Finance
- Discounted Car Leasing
- Employee Care
- Flex My Day
- Card Factory Foundation
- MyCardFactory App: discounts at leading retailers
This is an exciting role with genuine prospects for the right candidate. If this role describes you and your career aspirations, click apply now.
For any questions email: (we do not accept CVs/Applications via email)
We reserve the right to close this vacancy once sufficient suitable applications have been received. We advise applying early to avoid disappointment as applications will be reviewed regularly.
No agencies please.
Bank or payment details should never be provided when applying for a job. For information on how to stay safe in your job search, visit SAFERjobs.Report this job
Not quite what you are looking for? Try these similar searches
- Financial Services jobs in Wakefield 41 Industrial Estate
- Manager jobs in Wakefield 41 Industrial Estate
- Payroll Manager jobs in Wakefield 41 Industrial Estate
- Jobs in Wakefield 41 Industrial Estate
- Financial Services jobs
- Manager jobs
- Payroll Manager jobs
- Card Factory jobs
- Part time jobs
- Part time jobs in Wakefield 41 Industrial Estate
"Office Assistant jobs in London"
'Saved search name'