Group Payroll Controller to report to Group Finance Director required for a business in Redditch. Job duties will be to:
- Provide professional payroll service to the group, ensuring all employees are paid correctly and treated confidentially
- Maintain accurate payroll records and ensure all compliance, reporting and payment requirements are met
- Supervise the staff and workload in the function and their on-going training and development
- Continuous improvement of processes affecting the payroll function and development of the role
- Manage a total of 11 payrolls and process 10, which are a mixture of weekly and monthly, for between 600-650 employees to the required deadlines, ensuring legislative compliance and payments made.
- Complete full month end process on all UK payrolls.
- Ensure the accuracy of data from the time and attendance system (e.g. to support overtime, absence data).
- Ensure all changes are appropriately authorised and correctly applied to the payroll system and comply with company policy.
- Manage, and operate when necessary, the piecework system to ensure bonuses are calculated correctly and support the person carrying out this role.
- Administer and operate the group's pension scheme processes, including managing the auto-enrolment scheme and re-enrolment process.
- Manage all sickness absence throughout the group, ensuring all entitlements are correct and payments applied correctly.
- Ensure workload is evenly spread commensurate with individual abilities
- Review work carried out to comply with the "four eyes" principle
- Ensure all TTP's (Third Party Payments) are generated and payments raised to Finance including all payments to HMRC.
- Maintain and update payroll records
- Ensure all Statutory Payments (SHPP, SMP, SPP, SSP, and SAP) are applied and paid correctly for all payrolls.
- Maintenance and development of the payroll system and associated systems (e.g. time and attendance and piecework systems), resolving problems if they occur.
- Produce and submit all HMRC requirements weekly, monthly and annually (e.g. FPS, EPS, P35) and reply to any queries.
- Manage and administer the P11d process ensuring all changes in company cars are submitted in real time along with all benefits updated. All annual requirements submitted on time.
- Administer and manage all employee benefits (BHSF, Childcare, SAYE etc.)
- Manage the full year end process for all payrolls.
- Able to provide support and guidance to all subsidiary MD's and senior managers.
- Provide full cover during periods of holiday and absence.
- Provide support to the Group HR manager and Group Financial Controller
- Undertake ad-hoc projects and other duties commensurate with the skills and experience of the person in the role
Bank or payment details should never be provided when applying for a job. For information on how to stay safe in your job search, visit SAFERjobs.Report this job
"Office Assistant jobs in London"
'Saved search name'