The role and responsibilities are as follows, but are not exclusive to the tasks set out below;
* Monthly Management Packs and Consolidation; Includes depreciation journals, prepayments and accruals
* Salary journals, Balance sheet reconciliations including WIP/project and Intercompany reconciliation
* Liaising with auditors, answering audit queries, preparing audit file with lead audit schedules and supporting documents
* Payment of Sub-contractors: filing CIS Monthly returns, verification of contractor details, handling queries.
* VAT returns- 48 monthly & 8 quarterly Returns and reconciliation - Handling HMRC queries and registration of new companies for VAT
* Bank Reconciliation: Includes updating cash book, reconciliation, preparation weekly payment report to the Directors.
* Sales Ledger – Issuing invoices, posting receipts, inter-company recharges and management charges
* In connection with sales and acquisition of properties, posting sales and acquisition journals.
* Setting up new bank accounts and due diligence work
* Assisting Finance director on insurance matters, gathering necessary data for insurance companies for getting insurance quotations.
* Posting staff expenses: Petty cash and credit card
* CITB Annual Returns
* Ad-hoc reports and analysis requested by Finance Director and other Group Directors
* Statutory filing
The requirements are that you will have the following:
* A finance qualification (ACA/ACCA/CIMA)
* WIP and full project life-cycle Accounting
* Eye for detail and being able to deliver to set deadlines
* Being able to complete a set of Management Accounts from beginning to end (commentary to board and Senior Management)
* Being able to complete a set of Statutory Accounts from beginning to end (including leading and managing the year-end Audit)
* Implementing systems changes and testing experience
* Based in London
* Regulated industry background advantageous
* Sage L50
Reed Specialist Recruitment Limited is an employment agency and employment business
Bank or payment details should not be provided when applying for a job. reed.co.uk is not responsible for any external website content. All applications should be made via the 'Apply now' button.Report this job
"Office Assistant jobs in London"
'Saved search name'