A FTSE 100 blue chip organisation located in West London require a Group Internal Controls Auditor to play a significant role in evaluating the group’s business and financial controls. The position covers all of the organisations areas of activity in UK, Ireland, Germany and Italy and consequently will require up to 50% travel although the extent will depend on your workload and the cross group requirements.
- Assisting in the development of the controls programme in country to identify key risk areas and value add opportunities.
- Building and maintaining close working relationships with management.
- To manage, on a day to day basis, the planning, performance and reporting of allocated controls audit assignments across the Group. This includes ensuring delivery of the end to end audit process to an acceptable professional standard.
- Assessing and testing business and financial controls, with due consideration for embedded and automated system controls.
- Acting as an agent for constructive improvement in the control environment.
- Reporting to local senior management on key issues on a timely basis in a clear and concise fashion.
- Assisting on controls reviews in other territories as required as an opportunity to share learning and develop the controls programme across the Group, as well as develop the auditor’s skill set.
Skills and Experience
- Strong finance audit and/or internal controls experience.
- Experience of controls compliance (SAO / SOX).
- Sound understanding of controls and risks and their application to the business environment.
- Broad understanding of processes and systems supporting the financial reporting process.
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills.
- German and/ or Italian language skills would be an advantage.
- Good influencing & negotiating skills.
- Ability to engage in the detail of the operating business processes.
- Ability to manage multiple tasks effectively
This is an outstanding career progressive opportunity with a true Blue Chip organisation who provide state of the art office facilities and an extremely generous employee benefits. The large size and structure of the Audit and Controls function enables the potential for increased responsibility and career growth rapidly.
For further information and to register your interest please do apply immediately with your full CV details.
- Financial Reporting
- Internal Controls
- SOX Compliancy
- Financial Audits
Bank or payment details should not be provided when applying for a job. reed.co.uk is not responsible for any external website content. All applications should be made via the 'Apply now' button.Report this job