Salary Negotiable DOE plus Benefits
Are you an experienced Health & Safety professional with at least 3 years’ experience?
Do you hold a NEBOSH general certificate or higher?
If so, this position could be for you!
Reporting to the Quality Systems Manager, your role will be to co-ordinate, support and advise the business on all aspects with regards to Health and Safety.
• Ensure a safe workplace environment without risk to health
• Ensure that all Health & Safety policies, procedures, rules and regulations are adhered to and are regularly reviewed, updated and communicated.
• Ensure the Company meets its statutory obligations in all areas pertaining to health, safety and welfare at work, including statutory training and reporting.
• Ensure the completion and regular review of risk assessments for all work equipment and operations.
• Ensure that all accidents are reported, documented, investigated and recommended improvements implemented.
• Ensure that safety inspections are carried out, fire drills and fire alarms are correctly reported, safety inspections, risk assessments and lone working procedures are managed and Employees are aware of their responsibilities.
• Co-ordinate the development of Health & Safety policies, systems of work and procedures.
• Ensure full and accurate health and safety and training records are maintained.
• Establish a full programme of documented Health & Safety inspections, audits and checks.
• Establish a structured programme of Health & Safety training throughout the Company
• Liaise with external Health & Safety consultants in the provision of training programmes and Health & Safety services.
• Manage and devise the agenda for, chair and formulate and distribute minutes for the Health and Safety Committee Meetings. Ensure that all agreed action pints are completed within deadlines.
• Keep up to date with all aspects of relevant Health, Safety and Welfare at work legislation and communicate relevant changes to the business.
• Provide regular reports to the Board of Directors/Senior Management Team on relevant Health & Safety activities.
• Participate in monthly meetings when required to report on relevant Health & Safety matters.
• Liaise with suppliers, i.e. Insurers and Solicitors in the management of any legal claims received which originate in Health & Safety legislation.
• Any other reasonable duties which may be required by management from time to time.
The successful candidate will need at least 3 years’ experience in a similar role and hold a NEBOSH general certificate as a minimum.
In return the successful candidate will receive a competitive salary, 24 days holiday, plus a list of other benefits.
If you’re interested, please call apply online or call Luke at Reed Engineering on 0117 317 8000 or email Luke.Ellis@reedglobal.com.
Reed Specialist Recruitment Limited is an employment agency and employment business
Bank or payment details should not be provided when applying for a job. reed.co.uk is not responsible for any external website content. All applications should be made via the 'Apply now' button.Report this job