A leading UK retail business is seeking a Group Health & Safety Lead, following a company restructure, to influence and operate in a strategic capacity within the business. The company will be looking for a candidate who has experience implementing Health & Safety Strategy in a multi-site, and ideally retail environment, previously. The candidate operating in this role will benefit from a large Health & Safety budget and senior management team who is heavily invested in H&S.
- Decide the strategic direction of Health and Safety across the estate. Make recommendations and implement new policies and procedures as required. Design, develop and communicate strategic objectives. Measure company performance against clear deliverables.
- Assertive communication with all stakeholders at all levels with a view to ensuring Health & Safety becomes and remains a key focus at all levels of the business.
- Lead the company and Regional H&S Committees to promote and develop a safety culture programme that permeates across the business.
- Develop and manage accident and incident systems whilst supporting the team with investigations into circumstances and root causes.
- Understand, apply and keep up to date on all relevant Health and Safety legislation to ensure that all works and retail centres are compliant with legal requirements.
- Oversee the setting of Health and Safety competency and training requirements.
- To lead inspection and audit activities providing confidence to the business that all Health and Safety processes are being delivered effectively and consistently.
- Able to develop, inspire and support a team to ensure a professional, consistent and customer focused approach across the business.
- NEBOSH Diploma or equivalent
- Able to travel nationwide
- Significant H&S policy experience and team management in a multi-site capacity.
- Previous experience in a retail environment.
- Experience operating in a strategy focused H&S role.
Job Reference: MR - 11717