Group Financial Controller required to lead the financial activities for the international operations of this large global business. Not only will this role be responsible for consolidating financial results for 16 Countries, it will also guide the strategy from a financial perspective and support the ERP implementation.
Detailed duties include;
- Strategic guidance to the business through budgeting, reporting and capital project evaluation and monitoring.
- Implementation, fine-tuning and roll out of a Group consolidation system and input into the ERP project / roll out.
- Statutory accounts preparation and liaison with the external auditors.
- Financial management of capital expenditure projects, assisting with evaluation, monitoring spend and tracking benefits
- Ensure timely production, quality and analysis of monthly management accounts explaining key trends, opportunities and possible threats.
- Contribute to the strategic planning and development of the business through management of budgeting and forecasting processes and long-term plan update.
- Assisting the Group CFO with ad hoc projects and overseeing financial modelling and evaluation.
- Liaison and provision of financial information and analysis to the Senior Leadership Team, the lenders and the investors.
- Responsible for taxation submissions, reporting and compliance, planning and management through liaison with the external tax consultants and internal effort.
- Improve the efficiency of finance procedures and processes working with the wider finance teams.
- Working closely with business units and IT to evaluate and improve management information and develop a suite of reporting tools/KPIs to facilitate decision making
- Management responsibility for consolidation process and system(s) and treasury - with a focus on improved internal controls and efficiency. Implementation of the new consolidation system.
- Oversight and responsibility for the Group’s treasury activity, including bank reporting and covenant compliance.
- Lead the finance team to success, creating an experienced and winning team.
Skills & Experience Required;
- Qualified accountant ACA/CIMA/ACCA
- A people manager with a proven track record of leading change and motivating teams.
- Previous experience of consolidation system usage and development, with a focus on reporting tools. Systems implementation experience is an advantage.
- Budgeting and forecasting process experience.
- Operated within a corporate environment.
- Banking and covenant management/reporting.
- Capital expenditure projects - evaluation, monitoring and assessment.
- An understanding across general business functions with the ability to be able to contribute to broader discussions.
- Previous engineering or business services sector experience desirable.