The business has trebled in size over the last three years, now turning over c.£50m, and has a senior management team with deep experience of the Pharmaceutical industry and a strong track record of growing and marketing businesses.
Reporting to the Chief Financial Officer and working closely with the business, the Group Financial Controller will take responsibility for the company’s group level finance operations. The role holder will be instrumental in the company’s financial reporting and control process, whilst also supporting the leadership team in potential future M&A activity.
Key responsibilities will include:
- Deliver results/reports in accordance with group reporting timetable
- Prepare consolidated cashflow forecasts and maximise cash planning opportunities
- Summarise/consolidate data provided by the subsidiaries in order to provide effective information (internal reports and KPIs) and support to the business leaders
- Maintain internal controls and ensure compliance with group authorisation limits
- Ensure compliance with group accounting policies and IFRS
- Ensure all group wide performance improvement initiatives are acted on in a timely manner
- Provide the CFO with relevant business information
- Support CFO in preparation of forecasts and annual budgets
- Support all Due Diligence and Sale & Purchase Agreement matters relating to acquisitions
- Ensure compliance with relevant regulatory requirements and accounting standards, liaising with Auditors (internal and external) as required
The successful candidate will be required to work strategically with senior stakeholders and liaise with external stakeholders, whilst also being hands on and involved in the detail. The role provides the opportunity for the successful candidate to evolve and grow with the company with ever increasing responsibility. Given the broad responsibility, close collaboration with the CFO and exponential growth potential the job could be a stepping stone for a CFO position in the future.
With these factors in mind, the role will suit a high calibre, qualified finance professional who is still on an upwards trajectory in their career and is seeking an opportunity to be part of a business success story. In terms of experience, this would be an ideal first move for an Audit Manager from Top 10 practice or for a practice trained auditor looking for their first broad No.2 role in finance, having gained reporting experience in industry.
Bank or payment details should not be provided when applying for a job. reed.co.uk is not responsible for any external website content. All applications should be made via the 'Apply now' button.Report this job