A Major UK, European and now International company who specialise within the engineering and construction industry require a Group Financial Controller to join their team to assist with their next Expansion and IT Plan (new ERP system).
The company are growing rapidly both organically as well as via acquisitions to further increase their market share. This is an autonomous role where you will be required to grow and develop your small but productive team, whilst implementing the necessary processes and controls to further support the company’s expansion. These are exciting times to join this £80+m turnover group who have over 20 offices throughout the world and have recently acquired another large group to add to their growing portfolio.
Purpose of role
- Strategic guidance to the business through budgeting, reporting and capital project evaluation and monitoring.
- Implementation, fine-tuning and roll out of a Group consolidation system and input into the ERP project / roll out.
- To improve the efficiency of finance procedures and processes working with the wider finance teams.
- Inspire colleagues within the finance team to reach their goals and to be able to share, convey and influence what future excellence looks like within this function.
- Ensure timely production, quality and analysis of monthly management accounts explaining key trends, opportunities and possible threats.
- Liaison and provision of financial information and analyst to the Senior Leadership Team, the lenders and the investors.
- Contribute to the strategic planning and development of the business through management of budgeting and forecasting processes and long-term plan update.
- Assisting the Group CFO with ad hoc projects and overseeing financial modelling and evaluation.
- Working closely with business units and IT to evaluate and improve management information and develop a suite of reporting tools/KPIs to facilitate decision making
- Management responsibility for consolidation process and system(s) and treasury - with a focus on improved internal controls and efficiency. Implementation of the new consolidation system.
- Oversight and responsibility for the Group’s treasury activity, including bank reporting and covenant compliance.
- Statutory Accounts reporting compliance, statutory accounts preparation and liaison with the external auditors.
- Responsible for taxation submissions, reporting and compliance, planning and management through liaison with the external tax consultants and internal effort.
- Financial management of capital expenditure projects, assisting with evaluation, monitoring spend and tracking benefits.
- Lead the finance team to success (3 staff) creating an experienced and winning team.
- Qualified accountant ACA/CIMA/ACCA
- A high basic salary of £70,000-£80,000 Dependant on skill level. Generous Car Allowance & Competitive Company Contributory Pension Scheme. Family Healthcare and Starting 25 Days holidays plus national holidays.
Skills & Experience Required
- A people manager with a proven track record of leading change and motivating teams.
- Previous experience of consolidation system usage and development, with a focus on reporting tools. Systems implementation experience is an advantage.
- Budgeting and forecasting process experience.
- Operated within a corporate environment.
- Banking and covenant management/reporting.
- Capital expenditure projects - evaluation, monitoring and assessment.
- An understanding across general business functions with the ability to be able to contribute to broader discussions.
- Previous engineering or business services sector experience desirable.
Personal Characteristics Required
- Proactive change manager and a catalyst for change with a drive to investigate, understand and improve processes and reporting.
- Commercial outlook with a clear focus on value and continuous improvement.
- Excellent analytical and modelling skills, with the ability to interpret and analyse data to make informed and insightful business recommendations to influence the direction of the business.
- Ability to assess the wider picture, anticipate issues before they arise and identify opportunities.
- Succinct communication style with the ability to build strong relationships within the business and finance teams and engage and influence management teams.
- Be able to manage conflicting demands across a number of different areas whilst prioritising own time and that of other team members.
- Attention to detail and questioning approach.
- A strong and confident team player with the ability to create solid relationships with internal and external customers.