Your new company
Hays are handling exclusively an exciting career opportunity for a Group Financial Controller working alongside both Uni-Select and The Parts Alliance Group based at their UK, Swansea Service Centre.
Newly created role in dynamic Canadian owned Group - large and growing presence in Swansea, South Wales. Working for The Parts Alliance, a subsidiary of Uni-Select (Canadian automotive group). They are one of the UK's leading suppliers of automotive parts to the independent aftermarket. They focus on providing their customers with the right parts in order to support their business. With a huge stock holding of quality parts, a market-leading catalogue and great people, they provide their garage customers with a reliable on-demand service.
Their parent, Uni-Select is a leader in the automotive aftermarket parts business in Canada and in the United Kingdom and a leader in the distribution of automotive refinish and industrial paint and related products in North America. Uni-Select is headquartered in Boucherville, Québec, Canada, and its shares are traded on the Toronto Stock Exchange (TSX) under the symbol UNS.
Your new role
Reporting to the CFO and with a close working relationship with your counterpart in Canada, in this newly created challenging role you will undertake all aspects of financial management for the Group, including corporate accounting, regulatory and financial reporting, as well as development of internal control policies and procedures. Duties will include:
- Oversee all Group company accounts including reporting to Uni-Select HQ and local statutory accounts.
- Oversee the consolidation of the Group's monthly financial accounts, KPIs and all reporting to the parent company Uni-Select in Canada. Ensure the integration of acquisitions' results in reporting.
- Supervise the production of weekly, monthly, annual cash flow forecasts and control the output prior to distribution to the senior finance community
- Provide ad hoc analysis and work with the other Finance Teams in the Group to drive financial performance.
- Develop monthly and annual reports to identify results, trends, and financial forecasts and explain differences and make recommendations
- Assist the CFO in presenting reports to the Senior Operating Board, other stakeholders, and the Uni- Select Group.
- Monitor assets, liabilities and inter-subsidiary transactions
- Ensure that the Group operates with appropriate internal controls to deliver compliance with PLC Group requirements as well as government regulation and legislation.
- Work alongside Group internal audit development and improve the controls in the accounting function.
- Supervise, develop and manage financial department staff, including accountants and financial assistants
- Motivate and lead finance team members by supporting roles and providing helpful feedback
- Lead integration and productivity improvement activity
- Oversee Tax submissions including VAT; Corporation tax and payroll taxes
- Collaborate with auditors facilitating the annual audit and with tax advisors to ensure proper compliance with all regulations
- Provide technical accounting advice and support to the other Finance teams in the UK Group and the Senior Operating Board as required and manage the implementation of new accounting standards.
- Assist the CFO with financial due diligence on potential new acquisitions and once acquired, manage the financial integration process.
What you'll need to succeed
To be a high calibre Graduate qualified accountant - ACA, ACCA or CIMA - with proven work experience of group consolidations and reporting within a Plc environment. You will have an excellent knowledge of IFRS accounting standards with 10 to 15 years managerial experience under your belt. Change management experience will be useful in this dynamic environment.
You will exhibit strong critical thinking and problem solving skills, analytical ability as well as excellent relationship building and a high level of leadership and people management ability.
What you'll get in return
A very competitive executive salary and benefits package, very negotiable for the right high calibre self-motivated candidate. You will be expected to be flexible to travel 30% of the time to other UK based Service Centres.
What you need to do now
If you're interested in this role, click 'apply now' to forward an up-to-date copy of your CV, or call us now.
If this job isn't quite right for you but you are looking for a new position, please contact us for a confidential discussion on your career.
- Group accounting Consolidations ACA ACCA CIMA
Bank or payment details should not be provided when applying for a job. reed.co.uk is not responsible for any external website content. All applications should be made via the 'Apply now' button.Report this job