My client is looking for a "hands on" Group Financial Controller to join them and take primary responsibility for all aspects of the finance function including budgeting, management accounting and statutory reporting as well as an active involvement in the ongoing growth and development of existing business. The groups activities continue to expand and this role is anticipated to grow with the business.
• Day to day financial responsibility – bank/cash management, books of first entry, debt collection etc.
• Overseeing and training of accounts assistant.
• Cashflow management and planning.
• Responsible for all corporate reporting
• Responsible for preparation and presentation of management accounts and special reports for board reporting.
• Responsible for back office support (payroll, VAT, debtors, creditors) for VFX company. A company my client sold that we still provide accounting support for.
• Preparation of royalty reports to licensors for films under exploitation
• Preparation of monthly commission file for my client releasing (third party Distribution company)
• Agree finance and corporate structuring of each production in conjunction with the CEO
• Assist in creation of the development budgets and oversee invoicing and collection of same
• Monitor the development, pre-production, production and post-production activities of all productions – focus on cashflow, dealing with Broadcaster for funding, handling day to day finance queries from the production.
• Manage day to day finance of productions prior to handing over to the production accountant
• Co-ordinate tax credit audits and BFI & HMRC applications for each production and any other grants if applicable.
This is a very active company and the role is demanding. The ideal candidate must be "hands on", able to juggle several tasks at once yet remains calm and steady under pressure. The below requirements are also essential:
• Good communicator both verbal and written.
• Good interpersonal skills.
• Numeric / analytical and problem-solving skills.
• Spreadsheet skills and PC literacy.
Working knowledge of NAVision, Eclipse and mydaEs would be useful
• Ability to work well under pressure, working accurately with attention to detail and meeting deadlines.
Reed Specialist Recruitment Limited is an employment agency and employment business
Bank or payment details should not be provided when applying for a job. reed.co.uk is not responsible for any external website content. All applications should be made via the 'Apply now' button.Report this job